I have been having these sharp pains that feel like they are coming from the inside of my belly button. It comes and goes and doesnt usually last long. It feels like m being ripped inside my belly button and is way worse when i lean back. Anyone know what this could be?

I have the EXACT same thing right now. 

I don't know what it is but because it rarely comes, it couldn't be too bad. I hope.

Here are my stats... It just happened to me about 15 minutes ago and now I'm just going to sit still. I'm afraid to stand or move quickly. I'm female, 49  and I can recall having this feeling periodically throughout the years since I was 11. I had my appendix out at 11, I'm not pregnant, nor ovulating - just finishing up period. My periods have been regular since I was 14. Doesn't feel like gas. Hunh. Any updates on your end? It feels as though the other side of my umbilical cord is being pulled on be an alien. OUCH!

I'm also feeling sharp pain coming from my belly button. I'm a 22 yr old male. I want to know what it could be.

I'm a 20 year old male and I've experienced whatever this is every couple of months for years. I remember it happening back before my teen years. It's a really awkward, sharp pain that threatens to temporarily restrict abdominal movement. Usually if you slowly stretch it eases up and eventually goes away. I have a very slim body type if that contributes anything.

well sh*t did anyone find out what it is?

I'm a 19 y/o male in good enough shape to be in the United States Marine corps, I've had these pains every so often for years. Pretty much exactly as described by the rest of these comments. Never have consulted a doctor about it and am very curious as to what it is.

It's the stim inside of your belly button taring open

I'm a 10 year old girl and I get these pains and its really painful. Please figure out what this is