I have had an upper gi and cat scan of abdomen/pelvic with only a slight umbilical hernia noted. My pain is daily in the stomach area (mostly around belly button) but is sometimes on either side or above. The pain is always between a 3 and a 7 on a 1-10 scale and is 24 hours a day for the last 2 months. The pain also shoots from the belly button straight through my penis where the top pasrt of my penis is discomfort and sometimes hurts when urinating. Any help would be appreciated. I am seeinga GI doctor next and all blood and urine samples have come back negative. Thanks for any help!

I have felt this pain too, and it's happening at the moment. Please help

im getting this right now aswell what is it?

look up patent urachus

It feels as though a painful cord connects my navel to the head of my penis. The fetal position alleviates some of this discomfort, while leaning backwards makes it worse. Lying on my right side hurts worse than my left. Also, intense pain that is focused in the head of my penis accompanies urination. However, this only happens once every year or so, lasts twenty four hours at the most, and then goes away. I can't seem to figure out what it is! Help!

im getting this too, it just started tonight. how can i make it go away?

I have the exact same symptoms as you describe. I have been unable to find anything about this on the web. If anyone can shed some light on this you would really be helping out. This occurs maybe 10 times per year, but when it does, it is a crippling pain. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

I went through something very similar to this for several months. I made several trips to the emergency room to no avail. I had an endoscopy and ultra sounds not to mention endless blood test and and urine samples, the emergency room doctor had actually started looking for obscure diseases that fit my criteria.

I visited my family practitioner and explained all of the tests and symptoms I had gone through. He said I was having stomach spasms. They are almost crippling at their worst. He gave me a box of anti-spasmodic pills called NuLev and they cured all of the pain within a few doses. That was over five years ago and I have only had two episodes since. I can't say for sure if this is what you are going through but it sounds an awful lot like what I went through.

EVERYONE VIEWING THIS THREAD READ THIS

This has just started for me, I'm sure I've had a type of this. The thing Is I know many people who have described everything in this thread. This is almost like a mystery illness, if anyone with this currently finds this thread don't worry. This nothing serious, its just a strange phenomenon.

i also have this pain. it connects my belly button, the penis, and even my rectum sometimes with a what feels like a cord to each all connected at the same time. it hurts when i pee during that time.... i dont know what it is but i am definitely in pain and just like the other guy, it feels better in the fetal position, and hurts very much in all areas when leaning back and putting my body back to a normal straight position

I'm having this pain and have had it for a couple years now. Just like everyone here, it happens maybe 10 times a year or so. It feels like a muscle is connected from right bellow my belly button (or around there) to the underbelly of my penis. I usually lie down on a couch till it goes away (usually takes an hour or so). The fetal position helps, while standing up increases the pain immensely. I don't have pain when I urinate though, unlike some here. I just feel that cramp as I'm doing it.
Please...if someone knows how to stop this, that would be soooo helpful.

I have been having the same issue for 12 years but it comes and goes. I hear it may be a Umbilical hernia. not sure?

i'm currently having the same problem. i don't know what started it but i sure did look stupid walking around with my back slouching like in a fetal position.

I have had the exact same thing multiple times before, and I just decided to look it up this time. It has never caused any long term problems, it just goes away after a while. I'm not sure what it is, but don't worry to much about it, it'll go away.