Is it possible to have the shingles on the tongue? I have several blisters like pinples on the very middle line and it is separating the tongue down the middle. It is very painful. What should I do?

Lili

The answer to your question is yes, it is possible to have shingles on your tongue but there must be some other symptoms as well.

Do you have high fever and aches of any kind such as headache?  And of course did you get vaccinated against shingles? If not than you are probably right and you have this condition. Unfortunately there is not much you can do on your own. You need to see your doctor to get the right diagnosis.

If he determines that you have shingles he will prescribe you acyclovir to ease your pain and speed up healing and of course it reduces risk of complications.

And this heals on its own as well but it is better to be safe than sorry. 

It is possible and it will take the path of the nerve, I have had them in the roof of my mouth like that. Go to the dentist.

I have had shingles for about 8 weeks, a rough go and now I have a blister on the tongue...I just want this to go away 45 years old and it's taken a toll this go round.