It has been 5 days now and I've formed this red painful bald spot on the middle of my tongue.

It first started with this small spot that was a sharp pain feeling and i ignored it thinking it would go away.. but eventually still had that same pain feeling and didn't notice until late night(day 4) this small red bald spot that hurts every time it touches something or moves a certain way. Day 5 i've noticed that it got slightly bigger and even more painful when eating let alone talking. :C I have no idea what it could be i've tried looking it up but nothing really matches to my description in my thought. Because some of them sort of matched but mine wasn't painless..please help me..this is bugging me a lot.. :C

Description of what it looks like: It doesn't have any white around it or anything like that, just literally a red bald spot that hurts like crazy. It formed on the middle of my tongue on the side of the crease.

This was the topic i formed but stupidly didn't make an account first. =_=

I have been having the sane problem the last few days. It isn't super painful but it def doesn't feel normal. Same red spot in center of tongue, I have a few larger tastebud looking bumps on it. At first I thought I had burned it or something but the roof of my mouth is fine. I dip, and that was when I noticed it first (havent had a dip since the last one). It seems certain foods have diff effects, coffee of hot food are more painful. Haven't had a chance to see a doc yet.

I have these same symptoms. Did you ever find out what caused it or a diagnose?

i've had this for a couple weeks now. did ya'lls ever go away? looking around i think mine might be something called geographic tongue?