I just recently notice that I have some puss blister sores on the back of my tongue. I'm a student unemployed and can't go to the doctor at this moment and I was searching the web to see if I could find out what they were. I'm kind of concern; because by me searching the web I learned that it could be herpes. They don't bother me and they are not painful; but I'm scared I'm a young man just starting college and would like to know what they are and how do you get rid or them. Is there an over the counter medicine that I can take, an herb of any sort, or do I need to be concern and go see a doctor. I'm not the kid of person that doesn’t care about their body. I want to know because if it is a disease I'm not one who wants to be spreading it to others because I didn't know.

Hello, I see you are a very conscientious young person and I commend you! I just just wanted to tell you that I, a lay person discovered too 2 days ago that I have a sore on one side of my tongue. It's the first time I ever had this. It looks like a narrow, elongated blister along the tongue side about 1-1/2" long or so. Now, I don't know whether it's filled with pus or with water and you don't know it either unless it burst on you or you bursted it. I wouldn't take any medicine of any kind unless I went to a PG. The PG may have to refer you to several specialists. I would've gone immediately to see my PG but it's the weekend, and this Monday I'm going away for 2 weeks, so I'm stuck. So instead I went to google and got a lot of good and clear information which I'm passing on to you with my best wishes:

http://www.brooksidepress.org/Products/OperationalMedicine/DATA/operationalmed/SickCall/SoreTongue.htm

Go towards the end, the article name: RED, SORE TONGUE:
http://health.ivillage.com/dental/dtongue/0,,6hlt,00.html

...and of course you can search more on gogle and other search engines. Good luck to you! Adela

Hiya....i recently got these sores on the side of the tongue aswell...further towards the back though. I also noticed some of them had puss in it. I went into the doctors and the doctor said these sores occur because the body is lacking in vitamins and nutrients and that i am not eating well enough. He also said it was nothing to be too concerned about and that i should eat more vegies and fruit and that i would notice them disappearing after that. Hope that helps!!!

I think u need to see a doctor to let him prescibed antibiotics and a mouth gel. I bought chinese medical herbal powder and just apply on it. It recovers as the herbal powder is very strong. It happened to me because during sleep some violent bad ghosts used their dirty fingers and finger nails to dig my mouth. I fed and pray to them with biscuits and plain water. Don't let them lie down next to u as they will surely dig their dirty fingers into your clean mouth and causes blisters on your tongue.