THERE IS THIS SMALL KNOT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY TONGUE I CAN FEEL IT BUT CANT SEE IT AND IT IS A LITTE SORE. THIS JUST APPERED OVER NIGHT AND ITS BEEN THERE FOR THREE DAYS ALREADY. IS IT SOMETHING I SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT OR WILL IT GO AWAY ON ITS OWN? AND WHAT COULD THIS POSSIBLY BE??? TODAY IS 4/22/08

I was googling the very same thing... and was worried about cancer as well. It has been there off and on i think. but has been a little sore recently...
interested to see if someone replies to your post. I will repost if i find something.

i had the same thing in my tongue came out of no were friday it was very sore at first its slowly getting smaller and now really doesnt hurt so id just give it like a week and if it gets worse or doesnt get better id get it checked out....... i just ate a bunch of ice cream lol hope that helps

This very exact morning, I had the exact same problem, and I got scared, realizing that it could be possible that it's worse than I think, I went online to look up what knots in your tongue mean, and I was amazed when I read what you said (besides the 3 days) it was the EXACT same symptoms, There was a sore underneath my tongue and it felt really swollen, sore as hell, and it was not noticeable, but the feeling of it, it was impossible to get my mind off of it all day, and I didn't think of it much at first, I thought it was just sore because of the little canker sore there, but as the day went on I started thinking, this is the first time a canker sore has swollen up, still not thinking much of it, then after school, I finally realized, it's a knot in the muscle, so I did a stupid idea trying to loosen it up by messaging it, and like all muscle knots, if you message them long enough, they pop, and the tongue is one of the most sensative muscles in the body, This is a solution, but I DO NOT recomend it. It doesn't exactly hurt, it's just the exact opposite of flattering. Doubt this helps, but thot I'd share. (: and I'm ciurious what it means too right now.. o.o;;;;