I would like to know more about personality disorder called schizoid. Recently I found out that my friend from highschool was diagnosed with it. What are the main characteristics of this disorder?

Sorry to hear about your friend. I will try to give you the information that you need. People with schizoid personality disorder are extreme loners and rarely have any close relationships. The major characteristics of schizoid personality disorder are: no desire for social relationships: People with schizoid personality disorder may form stable relationships with family members or other people. However, they lack the ability to form close relationships. Individuals with this disorder have little sex drive and rarely date or marry and men are more likely to remain single than women. Also, schizoid people have a restricted range of emotions in social settings which are often described as coldness, detachment, etc. People with this disorder appear to be indifferent to compliments and criticisms and they take little or no joy in activities or in life.