I am out of my mind and I don't know what to do anymore. I used to spend a lot of time with my friends, I used to hang out with them, we were going to malls, drinking coffee, watching movies in the cinema. But as you can see - past tense! I became antisocial for some reasons and my friends keep telling me that I am antisocial and that I have this kind of personality disorder. Is it possible? I mean, I notice that I am antisocial lately, but I don't believe that this is a disorder. Or it is? What are symptoms and causes of antisocial personality disorder?

Hi darling. How old are you? Have you talked to anyone about this issue before or this is a fist time that you are seeking for help?

There must be a reason why you became antisocial.

Here are some symptoms that can indicate to this disorder.

For example: lack of empathy for others, poor relationships with everyone, if you are being irresponsible, arrogance, if you are being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others. Those are all possible symptoms, but as I can see you don't have problems with those symptoms. At least, according to this what you wrote...

Am I wrong?

Do you have any of those symptoms? 

You should probably let the psychologist decide whether or not you are suffering from this kind of personality disorder but if you really want to do it on your own,  then you really need to know about the symptoms.

One of the most common symptoms are disregard for what is right and what is wrong and persistent lying in order to exploit others. Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure, poor or abusive relationships, I don't know, it is quite easy to notice if you are being antisocial, but I would consult a psychologist anyway if I were you.

This is all new to me, you are saying that antisocial people are actually mean towards others? I thought that antisocial people just avoid any kind of social interactions, that they are not good at these kind of things but I never really thought that antisocial people are mean towards others, are you sure about this?

You should see a psychologist, he will tell you for sure if you are suffering from antisocial personality disorder or not, but I really hope that you are not because if you are and if what Gaia wrote above is true, then you are a mean person.

Good day! I agree that you should seek for help about this. We can discuss about symptoms and causes but no one can tell you what are you dealing with but him.

Now, some of the symptoms that you can have are - lack of empathy, inflated self-appraisal, and superficial charm are just some of them. Impulsivity, irritability and aggressiveness can also be the symptoms of it,

I know that they do have a lot of possible causes, at least doctors says that there are so many causes, but  the causes of are likely due to biological and genetic factors, social factors

Causes are actually unknown because it is a personality disorder, if you understand what I mean. Your personality forms during your childhood and that is when you are prone to developing this kind of disorder. Like Hannah said, the doctors think that the causes are linked to genes, and the other thing that could cause antisocial personality disorder are changes in the way your brain functions.

This is something that is in most cases noticeable in the early ages of a person, it is in rare occasions that older people figure out that they are suffering from this antisocial personality disorder.

It is probably just a phase, it is unlikely for someone to become antisocial just like that. And of course, the symptoms of antisocial personality disorder are noticeable in the early ages so I can assure you that you are not suffering from antisocial personality disorder. I am guessing that you are just having a hard time with your thoughts and the way you are acting now is kind of a defensive mechanism or something, don't worry, you will get over it. However, if you are still doubting whether or not you are suffering from this disorder, simply go and talk to a psychologist.

Hi there. I have tried to listen your advice, but it seems that nothing is working for me. Opposite, I think that it is even worse than ever. I was talking to my best friend about this and I am not sure does he understand what am I saying. So, after this talk with him I had a feeling that I will feel much better, but no - I feel even worse because he doesn't understand me. And that is something that really hurts me. A lot. So I have decided to stay away from him as well. I know that this is not his fault but I still don't know what to do. I don't want to see a doctor because I am scared that it will be even worse than it is now...

Hey darling, listen to me. That is silly. He probably didn't understand you because he was not in similar situation and he doesn't know how to deal with this. 

It is not like he is making a fun of you and I have a feeling that you think that he is.

All you need to do is to try to explain him this much better, and I am sure that he will understand you.

Avoiding your friends can be really bad for you and your condition. Avoiding doctor in those situations can be even worse. I think that you really need help!