Hi, I am afraid that I show signs of antisocial behavior. When I am at work I tend to keep to myself. It is not that I don't want to get to know my colleagues better; it is that whenever I start to talk to some of them I realize how boring and shallow they are. When I go to a bar I tend to be rude to people who approach me. I guess that is why I have so little friends. Can you tell me why am I being so antisocial? Is there something I can do to stop being so antisocial? I am a thirty years old man.

Hi, antisocial behavior is a sign of an antisocial personality disorder. The people with this disorder usually start to behave antisocially in their teenage years. The antisocial behavior symptoms decrease after the early twenties. I believe that you might be antisocial, judging from the problems you described. However, you did not say if you had shown any signs of antisocial behavior when you were teenager. If you used to start up fights and had trouble with the law than you are definitely being antisocial. Because you are somewhat more mature you start to see the symptoms yourself. Antisocial behavior is caused by environmental circumstances and hereditary factors. The best thing you can do is to see a psychiatrist who will start a proper treatment so you would be less antisocial.

Not to worry, you are not anti-social. Schizoid personality type maybe, but your use of words doesn't strike me as teh writing of a sociopath/psychopath.