Hi, guys. My close friend has some mental problems and he visited psychiatrist several days ago. It seems that he has Antisocial Personality Disorder. I have read something about that, but the thing that really interests me is whether there is a cure for this condition or not. Your help will be appreciated.

Hello. Usually, people with Antisocial Personality Disorder rarely report themselves to a psychiatrist for treatment. This condition belongs to the disorders that are very difficult to treat. These people simply neglect treatment. Psychotherapy can help them to develop interpersonal skills. It is very important to establish strong relationship between a patient and a therapist. If there are some additional problems like depression or anxiety, medications can also be introduced to therapy. Your friend can be prescribed antidepressant or antipsychotic drug. Unfortunately, people with this disorder often don’t take their medications. I hope your friend will be an exception. Good luck!

hey my brother was diagnosed with anti social personality disorder and there really isnt a cure you just have to seek psyciatic help and take medication if it is caught early then there is a chance to prevent you from doing something bad. a good bit of serial killers have this diorder and my brothers psychitirist said that the life expectancy of people with this disorders is in the 40s because they either end up killing themselves or going to prison for killing someone else. hope this helps

I am a mental health nurse and the answer to your question is no pill you can take to cure ASPD. However there are therapies that can be benificial to address learnt behaviours and impulsive trates.
Good Luck xx

i dont think personality disorder is treatable by mental health provisions, proffessionals, RUN A MILE IF THEY CAN. you cant talk to a disorder and it get better. thats why the short lifespan of many. not enough research or support. its sad.

TESTing!! testing testing testing!!!!

Hey... Am one of the people who suffers some issues, thats why i came across this page in the first place. I know its a little bit late to share some thoughts that came up a couple o' years ago, but it would be better to SHARE for later subjects.
I think its depends on the person himself, if he wants to get cured or not, and most likely those who dont comprehend whats goin on or what exactly they'r suferring from, wouldnt like to get cured, because their thoughts will be there's nothing to be cured... and some some would say " this is who i am!!"... etc. To make'em understand the situation here, he must observe his own behaviour from some one else (it doesnt matter someone close to him or not ), he will be then saying "OMG!, was i like this" .. the ugly truth, Yes!! ( And honestly... thats the scenario that happened with me ) On the other hand people who are aware, could either be stubborn and do nothing about it or just too WEAK, and some want to do something about it, but HOW?!!, I just need to hear fresh thoughts from different perspectives.

for me it's a mental block. there's no fear. i'm just missing the ability to communicate well with people, enjoy their company, think of anything funny or intresting and fit in. drinking seems to turn that block off completely for some reason, but of course that has it's side effects. i wish there was more research being done on this subject.

I suffer from this problem. I use to have extream social, generalized, OCD and body dismophic disorder for 10 miserable years. I Finally I started to overcome it and my life was really looking great again. Then aspd kicked in and I lost most of my emotions, intelligence  social skills and interests. I'am unable to enjoy life anymore. Personally I would do anything for a cure. I have a identical twin brother and I cant connect with him at all anymore. I cant stand how dr.s and the general public think that everyone who has this disorder is a manipulating, calculating cold blooded killers. I'am certainly none of these!  The majority of people suffering from this condition are not either. I really hope in the future there is cure

This disorder is a trip and watch fight club. Its a good movie and it tells you about this disorder.