I need to help my kid anyway I can. She had a schizoid attack couple of months ago. It was a real surprise for all of us since there was nothing similar in our families. She was distant before, and now the things are even worse. Why is she being unable to show emotions in her disorder?

Schizoid patients have specific disorders in personality and character. This condition is followed with hallucinations (different forms and content), self focus (so called schizoid autism), emotional disorder (not showing emotions and a complete lack of energy), no interest for sexual activities etc. The good thing is that medication can help them return to a normal state, and when that is done, psychological therapy can start too.

Hi there,
I think that schizoid personality disorder is a group of eccentric personality disorders. Most people with these disorders seem odd and peculiar. Is your child a loner? How many friends does she have? You have to know that schizoid personality disorder makes people to do their activities alone and they do not like to express emotions. In my opinion she would benefit mostly from psychotherapy. This is more of a counseling then the therapy. Treatment likely will focus on increasing general coping skills, as well as on improving social interaction, communication, and self-esteem. I don’t think that medication is used in process of treating schizoid personality disorder. I hope this will help you and your child.
Best wishes,
Marco