Hi, folks. I have a friend that has been always showing an extreme impulsivity. At first, I thought it was a part of his character, but lately I am beginning to doubt that he has borderline personality disorder. I wonder if impulsivity is emphasized in this disorder. I would appreciate this piece of info.

Hi, there. Borderline personality disorder is characterized by instability in interpersonal relationships, emotions and self-image. Impulsivity can be emphasized in this disorder. This impulsivity affects spending and binge eating. It can also affect substance abuse, sexual life and reckless drive. Maybe you will find some of your friend’s characteristics here. You should talk to his family. If he really has BPD, he should ask for a professional help. I hope I’ve helped a little. Good luck!

Hi there,
Having long-term patterns of unstable or turbulent emotions, such as feelings about themselves and others is often the way that borderline personality disorder is presented. The fact is that this condition can cause many problems in childhood and adolescence. The person can have disturbed family life and very poor communication whit family. The thing is that there emotions can cause his to have impulsive actions all the time. Have you noticed if he has any problems in relationships? I know that some have issues with impulsive money spending or binge eating. Is he going for any therapy right now? I think talk therapy is often suggested by doctors and it has many good results.
All the best,
Danella