A friend of mine has been diagnosed with a borderline personality disorder. I guess that her constant mood changes have finally got a diagnosis. I just hope that she will be ok after the therapy is applied. I have also heard that there might be some problems with a damaged sexual identity in this condition, but I did not notice anything similar.

You said it yourself, it might be, but it is not necessary. And also, it is not the main symptom or a consequence of this condition. Actually, this condition includes several symptoms that might be extreme, or only mild. Generally, BPD is considered as not such a dangerous condition, but it has to be treated because it might escalate into some other, more serious and hard to deal with disorder.

Hallo,
You have to understand that this is a psychological issue and it is described with prolonged personality disorder. Borderline personality disorder is usually manifested by mood instability. Also people with borderline personality disorder try to idealize all things and have unstable relationships. Impulsive behaviors are common and involve promiscuous and intense sexuality. So you can see that borderline personality disorder can influence sexual activities. How old is your friend? I know that borderline personality disorder usually affects people older than 18 years of age but there are some rare cases where adolescents get affected by this condition as well. Now you have to understand that sexual behavior will not be the first symptom that you might notice in people with borderline personality disorder.