I've had a stress test (A-OK), I've been to my doctor 3 times he can;t find anything wrong, I've self admitted myself to hospital 3 times and I'm suffering middle back pain as well. I think I'm suffering the beginnings of a mild heart attack, and while leaving the restaurant with my girlfriend tonight my upper chest went into a very tight mode, then I get discomfort and a BLOATING sort of feeling just under my rib cage as well. Mild shortness of breath, only mild though, and I get completely puffed out easily now when doing light manual work. WHAT'S GOING ON ? Last week had a full on panick attack and jaw went into lock down mode and have damaged the left hand muscles on the jaw, it now aches. Everyone tells me I'm suffering panick attacks, but I think it's more like a mild warning / early signs of a heart attack. I'm 41, fit, 6 foot and 80 KILOS, smoke 10-15 low tar cigarrettes a day, and am generally well. Haven't had a drink for 3 months. Don't do drugs. Help..."what to do'.

Ok I know what your talking about I have had this feeling before and sometimes a sharp pain will shoot across my heart, followed by restricted breathing (in fear of another pain), pressure, and a bloating feeling right between the center of my ribs, below my heart. My Boyfriends dad and sister suffer from this also, they are both past smokers, and I smoke as well, recently I have cut back to about 4 cigs a day, and the symptoms have decreased. I believe it sounds like angina or anxiety, and perhaps asthma. And when you say you haven't had a drink in 3 months, does that mean you are a recovering alcoholic? because that to can lead to anxiety(my uncle is a recovering alcoholic for about 10 years now, and he now suffers from anxiety/depression) which can give you a chest pressure/restricted breathing feeling/panic attacks. I've realized that in my self if I have the feeling that the pain/pressure was coming(in the past when it first started now I'm used to it) that's when I usually would start to have a panic attacks, because I was afraid I was dying. I'm not a doctor, but that's what I have found to be more likely in my research just from the fact that I'm 19 and I'm probably not suffering from a heart attack (however there for a while I was taking stimulants and it seemed to dramatically increase these feelings, especially when I was coming down off it, ugg..never do it again) And to top it all off, I drink about 4 or 5 cans of mountain dew a day, so I'm sure that caffeine intake isn't exactly the best, but I'm working on that, one glass of water at a time haha. I sure hope this helped and maybe opened your mind to a few new scenario's lol, good luck with everything!!