I am 24 yrs old and have high anxiety. About 3 days ago I was trying to lie down to sleep and all of the sudden my heart started to race really fast, pounding out my ears and I had bad shortness of breath. Well being a anxiety suffer I know the signs and symptoms of a panic attack and all that but this shortness of breath has been happening off and on for these past days. When this first happened it felt like my heart was doing like flips or my lungs were closing then opening. But those have died down down and dont happen very much anymore now I am left with this fearful shortness of breath. Like I cant get enough breath and when I breath through my mouth I get lite headed like I am getting to much air. My husband thinks it is all the anxiety but I am worried it is not. I have a compulsive problem about worrying I am going to die and I also have a problem with worrying about my health. I always think everything is going to kill me. But I am down to the point where I am think of going to the ER to get everything checked out and my sure it is not my heart of lungs going bad.When this shortness of breath happens my anxiety goes up. So can someone give my some advice on rather to go or wait a couple more days. Thanks! ?

I have had a lot of anxiety issues and I think that your husband is right. I think that you're suffering from what is known as an LSA, otherwise known as a limited-symptom attack. It is not a fullblown panic attack but has some of th efeatures of it, usually three or four symptoms instead of the full complement. Try googling that and then let me know what you think, okay? I think you might want to wait. Let me know what you think!

Thanks for answering my concern. I talked to a nurse who said that it was just two more symptoms to my panic attacks and i needed to calm down before I give myself a heart attack. This was a family nurse so honesty is the best sometimes. So I found out I worry for nothing. But I need to go and see about getting some help for these attacks cause we all know they dont go away over night. Well thanks again!!! :-D