I'm a 20 year old male. Not overweight, smoked pot for roughly a year fairly regularly, never got into smoking cigarettes. I drink on the weekends for the past two and a half years (College student). I work part-time, and am a full-time student. I quit smoking weed about 8-9 weeks ago, and have cut down my drinking and have been trying to cut down my fast-food and cheap food intake. I used to excercise regularly in High School, but at college do not except for walking the very hilly campus to and from class/work, and I walk at a fairly fast pace so I'm not out of shape. I've been trying to eat healther, have been taking a multivitamin daily, and haven't felt sick and am not experiencing allergies. That was just a bit of background, here's my problem:

About 3 weeks ago at work I began feeling heart palpitations, a heavy, faster than normal,heartbeat in my chest and very small 'pains' that felt more like pinches or needle pricks on the left side of my chest. The pains were never constant, nor was the palpitations, heavy/fast heartbeat. I saw a Doctor later that week, and got an EKG done and the Doctor said my lungs and heart sounded totally normal, and my EKG came back perfect (I also wasn't experiencing the symptoms at the time of the appointment/EKG). I took the weekend off work and took a break from studying to give myself a chance to totally relax and rest and the symptoms seemed to fade completely by Sunday. Feeling fine and totally normal, I decided to drink with friends and the next day when studying at a restaurant for a final I began to have a fast heart-rate, sweaty hands, nervous energy, and then my hands began going numb. Out of nowhere I began to panic and rushed to the Campus Clinic and got another EKG done. The symptoms faded on the walk to the Clinic, but my heart was still racing. The Doctor said the EKG looked good except for the fast heart-rate, but the actual beating pattern itself was all within the normal range of activity.

Ever since what I think was a panic attack, I've had inconsistent but regularly occurring symptoms. Fast heart-rate, heavy heartbeat or a sensation that my heart is pounding in my chest even though I'm not stressed or exerting much energy. I've felt tightness in my chest, tiny pains like several weeks ago occur somewhat infrequently. My heartbeat seems much faster and heavier especially after eating but the symptoms seem to come and go as they please. I've never felt pain that made me cringe or would actually consider 'painful' but still worry me; and I've never really felt the pains with exertion except for once, so I don't think it's related to exertion. I've also just had a fairly achy left side of my chest and back. I noticed while I was still at college that whenever I experienced my symptoms I couldn't take my mind off them, now that I'm back home and with family I'm able to relax a bit and the symptoms seem less frequent, but when I do experience them I still worry. My heart rate right now as I've been typing this is at 84 BPM, and my average daily heart rate seems to range from 66 BPM (one night very tired lying in bed) to 86 BPM just sitting around the house or classes, etc.

I'm planning on getting a lot of tests done over Christmas break (Stress EKG, Chest X-Ray, Blood tests, maybe a 24 Hr Holter Monitor, etc) to determine if something is actually wrong. But the symptoms and worrying are just ruining my ability to relax and enjoy my break especially since I've never had any problems like this until just a few weeks ago. Has anyone felt or experienced the same kind of symptoms? Does this just seem like anxiety?

hey yeah im going through the same thing my chest has been hurting three days now and ive been poorly with this anxiety for about 2 weeks and its constantly  all day n night on n off sept ive got more of a bad head now n chest pains ,ive had 2 ecgs and they were ok and my blood tests and theyve said there going to fit a 24hour heart monitor but dont know when as they said theyd send the appointment out ,plus i also feel worst in the morning n as soon as i wake up i feel drained! im only 21 n really worried as i feel my heart going and all light headed and i get tingling sensations all over my body its like an all over shivver !to be honest the doctors dont seem that interested and havent gave me medication, therapy or advice for relaxation techniques for anxiety or anything .

Hey man just wondering if you have figured anything out about your symptoms. I'm experiencing basically the same thing, have been for about a month now.

I have the same problem. acts up more so when i smoke weed ive noticed. also noticed besides when i smoke it only really happens when i have air built up in my stomach and chest.. after i fart it out lol. the rapid heart weird feelings and what have u go away. who knows tho b ut yeah ive freaked out about it before. panic attack. wow was the worst

Hi guys,

There may be different symptoms we are experiencing... I had an absolute bender in Portugal during the summer.

Usually my body can take it - we were spending 200 Euros a night in a cheap country to go out in on booze... at one point I was even drinking 80% proof... After three days and 600 Euros, I went to an Aqua park, came back and thought I was suffering from heat stroke... this was my first episode.

Your eyes are shut but, you can't breathe properly and feel like there is something wrong with your heart/ your blood. I have tried a number of tests/ health regimes since.... I lead a fairly stressful life with a Court Case to see my daughter soon to be ending up in the Court of Appeal here in the UK... so this isn't helping.

I have read different threads, thought it must be acid refux, tried gaviscon and tablets, tried liver cleanses etc but they didn't really work. I have been diagnosed as Hypothyroid. My TSH Counts i 7.5 and normal is in the range of .4-3.0. There have been five or so times this year literally when I thought I was going to die. You never feel bad when you are out its always the next day right?

Question:

- Do you sometimes struggle getting up in the morning even when you haven't had a night out?
- Do you feel like you need a coffee in the morning to make sense?
- Are you fit and otherwise not showing any weight gain or other usual symptoms of being hypothyroid
- Do you notice your feet and hands getting cold/ more cold than others at certain points, but put it down to your low blood pressure?
- Do you feel tired/ put it down to your lifestyle?
- All tests come back normal, but when you have a hangover you feel like checking into A&E, and feel like you are going to die/ have panic attacks
- Has the doctor prescribed anti-anxiety drugs (don't really do much and if they do anything they reduce the symptoms rather than the cause)?

Stress and overstressed adrenal glands causes a lack of Cortisol in the blood. This is the chemical that literally gets you out of bed in the morning. If there is not enough Cortisol to go around, your thyroid starts to slow down. Drinking, stressful lives and smoking weed can play having with your adrenal glands.

Sometimes you can be hypothyroid but the tests come back normal. Treatment is not so bad, and usually lasts about 6 months of taking Thyroxin, or better still Thyroid Armour made from thyroid extract of real animals. Natural products are supposed to work better.

I am starting on a course of Adrenal Supplements, and Thyroid Supplements, and I will let you know how I get on. Keep us posted on what is happening to you.

Best wishes,

Jeff

I am 15 female, i get the same similar pains but i do not drink, smoke or drugs. I sometimes get it when i get over excited or just randomly my whole chest moves then it stops after a whole and i can carry on as normal!

I'm also having the same exact problems. I'm only 22 years old, but have had a drinking problem since i was 17. I would drink sometimes for 3 days in a row or more and each day I would drink til i passed out. Then the for 1-2 days after the binge drinking I would feel major chest pains, and rapid heart rate, and sometimes it turned a corner and i thought my heart almost stopped beating, giving me a very dizzy feeling with lose of sight and panic as if I was going to die. But I have quit drinking for about 2 months now and every once in a while i will get the same symptoms when I haven't even thought of drinking for 2 months. I have had EKG, 24 hour heart monitor, liver tests, blood tests, and a chest xrays, and the doctor says I'm perfectly healthy. He says its just anxiety attacks, but sometimes they wake me up from a dead sleep, or come when I'm just sitting down. I'm not even worrying or thinking of anything that would make me become anxious. And the pain is so bad that sometimes I actually think I'm going to die. But I have noticed that they get worse after I eat a big meal, about an hour later after. I am in good shape, not over weight and never abused any other drug other then alcohol. It just scares the c**p outa me and I hope I can find something to help soon, cause its really starting to effect me. And I have dedicated to AA and pledge to stay sober to the day I die.

Hi natalie i am experiencing the exact same thing as you exactly i am 21 too and its very scary! It started when i was on holiday i had a heavy night out and the next day i was very hungover. I did have quite a bit of caffiene to try and make me feel better but it got worse and i could feel my heart beating out my chest all hot and felt bery dizzy like i was going to faint! I went to te docotors and she said i have yo pulpatations but my heart is beating quicker than usual and booked me in for an ecg next week!! I wasnt happy with this so i went to a&e the following day and tried yo explain what was happening and the nurse didnt seem to bothered she tool my bp and my heart rate and said everything was fine. Its just i cant stop thinking about it and my mind wont rest i really wish i had some awnsers

I have had this same feeling off and on that seems to be much worse lately. I am going through much more stress, which may be why right now. The random chest feelings get your mind going. I have also had 3 EKGs done, and every time my heart is deemed fine, they say it was a panick attack, give me benzos and send me home. It has been the elevated heart rate lately that scares me. Waking up at night with a racing heart for no apparent reason... Thinking about doing more serious tests soon if it persists which I have been saying for a couple months now. Time to get in and be seen! It would be great to hear anyones feedback on here so we can at least get an idea what causes this.

Hi

im 17 and overweight , i use to smoke weed and drink but quit after one day my heart started racing and i panic so bad and thought i wasnt in my body , i still feel that way sometimes and it scares the sh*t out of me what do i do ?

same condition with me since 20 days all reports , ECG , ECHO , cheast xray all clear but same condition i am wooried :(

well im 22 and i get all the same things yall do so guess what dont worry about it lol when its your time to croak you will till then dont worry to much if the doc says your gud then you are lol silly ppl

I am 41 years old female. I used to smoked for a long time, but when i got pregnant for my second child I stopped. After few years, I felt my heart beat so fast but sometimes gone especially if Im happy. I had been for ECG but they see nothing. It makes me uncomfortable, sometimes it hard to breath, it seems lack of oxygen. How do you call this problem?

I'm 17, male, about 120 pounds, and I used to smoke weed every day for about a year but about 1 week ago I quit. A few days ago I started noticing rapid, pounding heartbeat that seems to come and go. I notice my heartbeat gets really heavy and rapid when I exert the smallest amount of energy, just getting up and going to the bathroom I notice my heartbeat going hard. It's not painful, just very uncomfortable and it worries me. I haven't had any tests done but I'm thinking of going to see a doctor tomorrow. I really hope it's just anxiety and I hope it will simply pass with time. 

Best wishes to everyone. I hope we all feel better soon :) 

it totally is anxiety :( i get this too even worse sometimes it barely started hapening to me roughly 2 months ago i am a 19 yr old female and i hope to find a cire soon