Hello I am feeling shortness of breath at nights….actually, first started only when I was on the move and now I feel it even when I rest. I did some blood tests and rbc was low. I am not sure if that is in some relation with my shortness of breath. I am a smoker, but I have been smoking for years, and I have never had breathing problems because of it. What are possible treatments for breathing problems?

There are many treatments available to help breathing problems, including a gradually increasing exercise program, weight loss, different medicines and inhalers. All kind shortness of breath can be helped, even cured, it is important to find the cause. Since you are having shortness of breath during the night and low rbc I think you should check possible heart or blood disease. Please, consult with your doctor.

Low red blood counts (ie. anemia) can cause shortness of breath, dizziness/fainting, muscle cramps and even a sore tongue. The most common cause is low iron intake but check with your doctor to be certain.

Is it true that once you are placed on synthroid you will need it for life?

Also what wrong if your rbc is very low and hbc is very high is there a sickle cell correlation?