Can someone HELP me - been a little over 2 since I quit smoking and I have shortness of breath - my family practitioner told me that I had COPD - my problem is this - I can't walk long distances at all without having to hold onto something - it feels like I can't breath because the bottom of my ribcage ACTUALLY hurts - like I am straining it - HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THIS - PLEASE EMAIL WITH SOME RESPONSES - THIS IS SCARING THE HELL OUT OF ME - I HAVE REAL HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE - I TAKE BENICAR AND I ALSO HAVE AN OVERACTIVE THYROID - GRAVES DISEASE - NOT SURE IF IT PLAYS INTO IT OR NOT - IT' FEELS LIKE I AM CARRYING SOMETHING TOO HEAVY AND WHEN I PUT IT DOWN I HAVE TO SIT TO CATCH MY BREATH - THEN I FEEL NORMAL AFTER A COUPLE OF MINUTES - SO I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS MY LUNGS OR SOMETHING ELSE - HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You probably have asthma. When you smoked it must have damaged and clogged up your lungs. It makes you have short , wheezy gasps, coughing or short , struggling breaths. You need to visit a doctor and ask him about asthma and give you a check-up. You might need an inhaler.

Hope your ok :)

actually i am thinking it might be from my kyphosis - i have hunchback and I have been sitting on a floor for the past 5 years leaning forward playing on my laptop daily for hours - thinking I have conformed my body to leaning forward - about 20 yrs or so ago i was told my bones were that of a 70 yr old - i take viactiv daily - haven't had any broken bones thank god - but could my breathing be from that? I am not wheezing or even coughing - my doctor told me i have a hard time taking air in which i don't think qualifies as ashtma but not sure - i no longer have insurance so that doesn't help either