Repsected Sir,

Myself Mr. Shyam Deshmukh, 26 yrs. old male , 56 kg and with normal blood pressure and with no smoking history.

I have prob. of shortness of breath with yawinig.
It happend with me suddnely before 2 yrs. when I was moving inside my college campus , I fell SOB and immediately contacted Doctors, but they told no symptoms of asthema/else.
It is with me from 2 yrs. and cause is unknown.
It is with me only at SLEEPING TIMES! Whenever I want to sleep,
in day/neight I fell short of breath within 5 minutes and have to yawn then fell relax. Again the process continues ie. SOB and yawn and if I dont want to yawn then alternative is to try to take very deep breath . It sometimes work but I have to yawn several times utill I goes to deep sleep. Also I am suffering form Deviated nasal septum prob.(left side ) from 6 yrs , but uptill 4 yrs. I was not having breathing problem. Now I am in confusion that whether it is associated with nasal septum or with lung or with heart?? I did my cheakup with several specialist doctors in India doing PFT, ECG , CT scan and other tests but all things are clear. In accordance with Doctors it is anxiety but truely I don't think it is. Sleeping in Midafternoon is really challening job for me! Please do help and also list me specialist doctors available in India if you knows.
---waiting for answer

Tnx

Shyam

Sir Please see detail below if you likes.

As I got Deviated nasal septum (DNS) on middle turbinate ( left side ) before 6 yrs. And afterwords uptill 4 yrs. ie. from yr.2000-2004, I have no problems of SOB while sleeping on either rt side or lt side. And more interstingly I do remember that I don't have any habit of yawning throught my life uptill yr.2004. I can say uptill 2004 I have yawned but very rarely.The breathing problem and associated yawning came instantly midafternoon one day of nov.2004. That day suddenly I felt that I was unable to breath and tried hard to breath. Thus from that neight my problem of SOB continued and still I am facing the same problem. If I do have prob. of SOB b'cas of DNS then why it was not with me uptill 4 yrs. before?? Now condition is that I am really confused what to do next. I dont think my problem is b'cas of DNS, otherwise it could be with me from 6 yrs. So doing nose surgery will not be helpful to me ( I think so ). Also I dont have any problem while running or exercising or talking with friends and have no allergies of dust too. I am really very healthy in all respect. But what is my prob. is at SLEEPING TIMES in day/neight I have to yawn contineously still I fell very sleepy otherwise If I dont yawn then it fells like I am not getting ANY AIR inside. Please do advice if you can.
I am really scared by this situation.

Tnx

regards

Shyam

I suffer from Anxiety for many years, now that i`m older im able to control it better .. I used to feel very tight in my throat and chest and the need to yawn in order to feel like I could breath...when this happen I started to hyperventilate and start feeling dizzy and tingling all over ... when this happens I inhale slowly fill my stomach with air hold for 5 seconds then exhale slowly .. I do this for 15 minutes and it helps .. also i just get up start walking and talking and try to do anything to keep my mind from feeling this and once I forget about it it goes away..BREATH THRU YOUR NOSE SLOWLYYYY FILL YOU STOMACH WITH AIR AND HOLD IT FOR 5 SECONDS DONT FOCUS ON YAWNING THEN EXHALE SLOWLY .. DO ALOT OF RELAXATION .. READ BOOKS ABOUT ANXIETY LEARN DIFERENT TECHNIQUES ... AFTER ALL IF ITS NOT ANXIETY WHAT YOU LEARN AND PRACTICE IT CAN ONLY HELP YOU NOT HURT YOU ... GOOD LUCK

i now its been a while since you put yr post on here but i really want to say a massive thank you to you i feel like i owe you my life picadilly a few months ago i was taking so many different pain killers for problems with my stomach i got hooked on morphine and one day took 80 mg in 1 go and ended up o.d, it scared me so much that with in 1 week id completly weaned myslf all my pain killers and went cold turkey at home with my family 2 support me i went throu a week and a half of utter hell til it was all completly out of my system and recoverd well, the only pain killers i allow in my home now is paracetamol, but to get to the point for weeks later and including the day i o.d i felt i cdnt take a full breath and felt the constant need to yawnit as awful and made the process the doctor at my local surgery sed every thing was fine with my heart and blood pressure and pulse rate and that it could be anxiety but other than the week it happend i never really felt anxious ive red endless storys with people having the same problem and like me feeling at the end of their tether i felt like no 1 cud help me and the 1 suggestion was to up my daily limit of salt which made no diffrence 2 me at all then 1 day in tears with not being able to sleep all not with sob and constant yawning i red yr post and took in every thing that u sed about the breathing teqhniqe you used i thout may aswell give it ago nothing else has ever worked an id tried endless ways to calm it . so i lay queitly on bed told myself i didnt need to yawn and practiced your deep breathing exercise an within ten minutes i could feel my chest and throat start to relax and the need to yawn less i was amazed thank you so much from the bottom of my heart i guess it must b linked 2 sum kind of anxiety as the only oter time i felt thing i felt anything like it was boarding an aero plane and it stopped wen i reached my destination but had exactly the same thing happen on flight home i really hope this link will help some body else bcos i no theres plenty of us out there it hasnt gone completly i stil get days where i feel rough with it but the breathing definetly helps and im going to take your advice and read up more on anxiety and breathing exercises thak you so much xx :

brother,i have the same problem as u had...............i had not yet consulted any doctor.you know its only a f*****g habit u had made........u stop thinking about this......and always keep urself busy in something......never think about it.i am sure you r not suffering frm any diseas.thankskeep smiling

From last one month, I was facing the problem of shortness in breathing in night.  Then it started in day as well.  Now the situation is that I burp & yawn a lot.

Earlier doctor said this is bhronchitis then other doctor said it is due to high BP and colestrol and now another doctor said it is a type of allergy.  Dont know what to do.

I am getting worried about this and loose my temper due to frustration.

Maybe lack of water? I had a long paragraph written but it erased, but I wanted to state I have the same problem as all u, drinking water has helped me, I'm curious if all you guys drink water regularly ?

I think that might be my problem I never drink water thanks for the post!