Hi. My problem is the shortness of my breath. I feel difficult and uncomfortable when breathing. Like I`m not getting enough of the air. I smoke cigarettes and think that is the cause of my condition. Also, when I try to change the position of my body, in order to breathe normally, it only get worse. I blame the cigarettes, but not so sure. Could it be a lung disease or something like that (cancer)?

Hi. The shortness of breath is a condition when you have difficulties when breathing. One form of breathing difficulty is wheezing. Also, shortness of breath has many causes. Obstruction of the air passages of the nose, mouth, or throat, heart disease... If the body organs do not receive enough oxygena shortness of breath may occur. You must include emotional distress as one of the cause. Yeah, smokes can cause breathing difficulties. As well as lung diseases, asthma, emphysema, pneumonia, pulmonary hypertension, coronary artery disease and even panic attacks. Many meds may be used in treatment and some people need to stay in the hospital.