Hi all,
I have a question for all you experienced men/women runners out there.
Now that the weather is changing ( I run at about 6am and the weather has dropped to around 55-65 degrees), I have ben suffering sinus headaches. I have a standing prescription for sudal to help clear it up. I always get a sinus headache from this stuff. The question I have is; is it harmful to go ahead and run with this stuff? Will it make me sicker or can I just tough my way through it?
Also, I am a new runner and since I get up and run in the am with no food. I am really cold, do those under arm clothes from walmart work really good? I don't have a lot of money.
Thanks, Kell

i would not run if you have a fever with the sinus infection. i'm not sure i'd run if i were really congested either, finding it hard to breathe would make running impossible for me.

i have had a sinus problem for about 3 weeks now, headache and lots of tooth pain, but i have oddly enough been able to run with it. running hasn't caused a worsening of the pain so i continued to do it. i do not have any other symptoms (fever, congestion, aches) so we may have very different kinds of illnesses. mine is more pressure related i think.

i've tried the heavy duty under armor t-necks and they will keep you warm as a first layer under a vest maybe. i like them, other people find them annoying due to their tight fit--but they are a great first layer.

good luck. hope you feel better. i know now how miserable sinus trouble can be.

For me (only been running since March), it all depends on how I feel. Lots of times running actually clears out my sinuses. I would go with what RR said about the rest though.

I've heard really good things about UnderArmor. I haven't bought any yet.

Thanks for the tips. I don't usually get a fever, just a pressure headache from the sinues. The underarmor from (I've been told), Wal-mart, is pretty cheap. I think the thing that is killin' me is that I ride my motorcycle to the track where I run. It's not so terribly bad on the way there, BUT, on my way back the accumulated (sp) sweat on my body can be felt (even through my sweatshirt and pants). Maybe I'll try some UA and see if it helps (might keep my sinuses from acting up too!), lol.
Thanks for the responses, anybody that has anymore advise, I'd welcome it....
Kell