I have problems with my sinuses since my puberty (more than 5 years) and I heard somewhere that bowels and sinuses are somehow connected. I do not really understand the link between bowels and sinus.

The whole body works as a system, so if one of the parts is interrupted, then also the other is distressed. For example 5 parts, actually membranes (lymph, skin, lungs, colon, mucous) were developed together in evolution and work closely as one system, so distress of one will cause reaction on the other. Here is one interesting example: skin problems as acne, hives etc. indicate lymph system trouble. In addition, our skin aids our colon to excrete waste from the body, so most of headaches have their origin in colon’s mucous membranes. This, sinus headaches are caused by swollen and irritated mucous membranes and are treated by relieving the colon.
Colon has 2 functions: passing the stools and second, colon's inner lining secretes mucous out of the lymph system. This second function is often unknown to people, but it common causes sickness and is a precursor of many diseases (such as colds, sinus headache ...) As a result (of sickness) accumulated waste in the lymph system causes abnormal mucous discharge.

You've no idea how much this comment has helped, I have been sure that I had Sinusitis and have been constipated for a while. I've had a my sinus' putting out a terrible tasting mucus in my left nostril as well as being blocked. Also I have had much increased acne. I now suspect heavily that this has been caused/made worse by my being constipated. It seems that the bowels/sinus' are linked much more closely than I had ever thought.

I have noticed for years that frequently after a bowel movement my nasal cavities are suddenly "ripe" for picking. I also had picked up info over the decades regarding a connection between the bowels and sinuses. The page suggests that there maybe some validity to this idea

What do you do?

Wow I looked up this information specifically because I have felt sinuses were related to bowels somehow. This confined things...thanks

What is the remedy ?

There must be a correlation because EVERY time I sit down to unload, my nose starts running and my sinuses are cleared. Started about a year ago. I'm 53.