During last month I have problems with sinuses. Every morning I wake up there is headache. My mother told me it could be sinusitis and she is worried it’s not some infection. What is sinusitis and could it really be infection sinuses? How should I treat it if that is what my mother think, should I visit the doctor?

Sinusitis simply means that your sinuses are infected or inflamed. This gives little indication of the misery and pain this condition can cause. Sinusitis is divided by health care experts into acute sinusitis which last for 3 weeks or less. Then is chronic which usually last for 3 to 8 weeks, but also can be continued to months and even years. Last one is recurrent which contains several attacks for a year. Most causes start with a common cold caused by virus and infection of the sinus. These viral colds do not cause symptoms but they do inflame the sinuses. Most people harbor some bacteria such as Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae in upper respiratory tracts without any problems. When body’s defences are weakened or drainage from the sinuses is blocked by a cold or viral infection there come a problem. Thus, bacteria that might live harmlessly in your nose or throat can multiply and invade your sinuses, causing sinus infection. Then for treatment you should take antibiotics to control bacterial infection if present in your sinus, and only doctor can prescribe it to you.