My mother has some problems lately, which made me worry. She is complaining about jitteriness, shaking, increased nervousness, and irritability. As much, I know it could be problems caused by hyperthyroid. It was first thing I remembered as possible cause of her problems. It seems logical, since her mother has hyperthyroid, so I would like to know more about it.

Symptoms, which are included with hyperthyroid disorder, are all these you you are your mother experienced. Beside these, patients might feel rapid heartbeat or palpitations, feeling hot, weight loss, fatigue, and bowel movements that are more frequent. In addition to symptoms of hyperthyroidism, some patients with Graves' disease develop some eye symptoms. Diagnosis is straightforward if it is suspicion of hyperthyroid. Patients sometimes evaluate for other conditions, such as cancer or heart problems, if their doctor does not think of hyperthyroidism. The diagnosis is the best by finding an elevated level of thyroid hormones in the blood. A thyroid scan should then be performed to determine whether the hyperthyroidism is due to Graves' disease or some another condition. There are several methods of treatment, which are available for hyperthyroidism. The most popular method is radioactive iodine. Consultation with a thyroid specialist is highly recommended in her case to determine if that is hyperthyroid and which treatment is best for her.