My sister has just been diagnosed with Graves disease. I hope that she will get better but it seems that this something that will not go away that easily. Actually, she had the symptoms a long time ago, but they were not intensified as they are now. I guess that is why she did not pay much attention to it before. Now, Graves' dermopathy is her major problem. Will therapy help her?

Most certainly will. First line of defense will be anithyroid drugs. They are given because Graves disease is characterized by hyperthyroidism, higher production of thyroid hormones. Main drugs are methimazole, carbimazole and similar. These drugs do have side effects, so the therapy must be controlled and monitored. Also, medications that treat other symptoms might be given.

Hallo,
I have to be honest and tell you that I didn’t know much about this condition but after reading your post I found some interesting facts. This is a skin condition that is characterized by red skin. Also your skin can get swollen. The location of the swelling is mostly found on shins and on top of the feet. You can also notice that your skin is similar to orange skin. If I am not mistaking you can treat this condition with two options. First option would be that she can use cortisone creams to reduce the inflammation of the skin. The second option would be to compress the wraps but the condition has to be diagnose in early stage.