Hello. A son of my really good friend has collar bone fracture. Her boy is a lively child and I am not surprised because he has collar bone fracture. But, still, I am concerned for him. I want to ask you what side effects of collar bone fracture are. I hope you will know this and you will inform me. Thank you!

Hello! Well, to be honest with you, I really do not know for any side effect regarding collar bone fracture. I suppose that some side effects may occur if he takes some pain killer drugs (generally speaking this can be side effect, but not real one). I think that you will need to ask someone else about this, because I am not too skilled. Sorry.

Well,
I am not really sure what do you mean by side effects. If you refer to any limitations of arm movement later in life, than I have to tell you that this can happen if his collar bone hasn’t healed properly. You have to understand that this bone is very important not just for arm movement but you’re his proper posture. I think if the recovery goes well he wont even notice later in life that he had broken collar bone. You just need to take care of him during the recovery process. I hope that your son will be better and that he won’t have any further complications.

All the best,
Nelie

When my son had a fracture, the dr. told us that the clavical is a unique bone if you planted it in your leg it would have an affinity to each other and heal well- unlike any other bone in our body, the clavical is like a magnetic attraction- that requires no stabilization-