Dear doctor,
I having a severe irritation in the area below the collar bone and lower neck. Now because it is internal (I feel maybe 1-1 1/2 inches below the skin surface) no amount of massage is of any comfort. The pain is more when I lie down so I havent slept properly for the last 2 days. I started near my right collarbone area and now the same pain is below my left collar bone area. Kindly let me know what's the cause of this. :cry:

I woke up early this morning (about 3AM) with the exact same symptoms... anybody out there know what this could be?

Anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

you may of just slept on your shoulder wrong.. this happened to me a few times.. but with what the guy above said, i dont know what that is.. because my girlfriend has the same pain.. it is very severe

This happens to me alot,i have a very bad neck,which has been diognoised,but i still get a sharp peircing pain in my right collar bone,ive been told ive got costiconchious as i have many sore places over my chest,thus having inflamation of my cartliges between my upper ribs,i had a Chest Xray last week for my chest pain and it was normal,even my collar bone..altho they say its normal,what is causing the intense pain???? could it just be Arthritus?
Cheers Kelly

I had similar pains for a week and i think the best thing one could do is keep warm...it worked for me.

I'm having the same pain I get this pain after every 4 to 5 months ?

I've got the same pain & i keep getting it after every 3 months i just got the pain again ??

I have been diagnosed with Cervical Disc Degeneration. I also have this symptom when I throw the ball for my dog so its very painful now because of my activities. I sleep with a special pillow I can only sleep with my head and neck flat.

I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 34 years, and when I forget my meds for any length of time, the shoulder and clavical/collarbone area becomes extremely painful. It is a terrible burning pain under the right collarbone at the moment. usually with arthritis, it happens on one side first, then often will move to the other side a day or so later. Not too fun, let me tell you. use a heating pad, take aleve or aspirin, which are anit-inflamatory pain relievers. Wait it out, is my best advice to you. It really hurts, and mine is worse at night and upon lying down on my back. also, when working on my laptop, on my lap, it flares up. Good luck to us all!

I was involved in an minor auto accident and my collarbone and 1st rib were shifted enough to cause some pain that took a while to locate. Some things will trigger this again as I found last night attempting to do torso lifts... I had a hard time breathing and felt like someone was stabbing me.
I don't know if that helps or if this could assist you in finding the issue.

I keep getting intense pain on my right side collar bone every few months for the last few years. Did you find out what it was?