I’ve just heard that my friend had a car accident. He is in hospital now and his mother told me that he has a pubic bone fracture. She is desperate and now I’m worried also. Can somebody tell me something about pubic bone fracture? What is the treatment for it? Thanks!

Pubic bone fracture is a type of pelvic fracture. This kind of fracture is very rare but it can be serious. It’s commonly associated with high-energy traumatic events. The only treatment is surgery. Six weeks after the operation therapy includes weight bearing, strengthening, and stretching activities. Recovery is usually after 8 to 10 weeks after the surgery.

Hallo,
This is very unfortunate. I know that people don’t pay too much attention on the road and these things happen. The fact that he has a pubic bone fracture is not that serious. However he will receive a treatment from the doctors, who will probable put him on the surgery to fix his bones. I think that he needs to have a long process of recovery. I think that his recovery might even last for 5 to 6 weeks. What did his doctor said? I think that he should not have any further complications with the bone after he recovers completely. I hope this helped a bit.

All the best to you,
Karen

That is not completely accurate...a pelvic /pubis fracture can be one of three types
1. Stress fracture...heals in a couple weeks with care not to stress the bones.
2. Stable fracture...bones did not separate. This takes bed rest, crutches and no stress or weight bearing for 6-8 weeks
3. Fracture where bones move and separate..this takes surgery plus bed rest plus PT