My friend had an injury while he was playing basketball yesterday. He hurt his shoulder and he feels very strong pain in that part of body. He went to doctor and his diagnosis is clavicle fracture. I’m not sure that I know what it is. Can somebody explain to me what is A clavicle fracture, please? Thanks!

A clavicle (or collar bone) fracture is a break of the clavicle bone that is located between the shoulder and the chest. The collar bone is the bone over the top of your chest, between your breastbone and shoulder blade. Clavicle fractures are common injuries, and they can occur different ways.

Hi there,
Clavicle fractures are very dangerous if you ask me. I know this because my cousin once had a clavicle fracture and I know he had so many complications. I know that it is very important for your friend to see a doctor as soon as he cans, because he needs medical attention in order to treat the fracture appropriately. There is a chance that he will need a surgery as well but this is up to the doctor to decide if he really needs a surgery or the casket will be enough for the treatment of the fracture. I hope that this helped in any possible way.

Best wishes,
Marco