The end of my right clavical bone , closest to my throat, has grown into a large bony lump, approx. l inch around. This has happened in a short period of time. Can you tell me anything about what is happening?

dear guest, please read 2 painful lumps on clavicle as im in the same boat, as this happened to you in oct 06 im hoping your problem is now happily resolved and that maybe you could post me with any info you think helpful, much appreciated.

I too have a sore tumor on the end of my right clavical next to my throat. I think it may be a fatty tumor.

I have what you are describing. I was told my clavical/collarbone is actually dislocated or DISPLACED from injury. It happened lifting too much weight. But the problem is actually caused from the vertebrate in the mid-back. The scapula/(shoulder blade) is not right when the mid/upper back is 'out', pulling the tip of the shoulder down resulting in the front bone of the clavical jetting out. Rapid loss of weight, resulting in a loss of muscle is causing it to not stay in place. Although it is painful and feels hard to the touch, it is actually just soft enflamed tissue. I get relief and it doesn't stick out so much when I get regular adjustments to my mid/upper back and shoulder blade. It is significantly improved. Advil /ibuprofen helps with the inflammation. But a course of chiropractic adjustments is the only way to make it disappear.

Hi, i posted two lumps on clavicle, since this post i have had CT and Bone Scans which showed two soft tissue tomurs, calsified depoisits under the mid shaft, lymph node involvement in the surounding aera and my bloods show 'abnormalities' and a high white cell count, i have still been given no answers but have now finaly been referred to a specialist bone cancer centre so hopefully should have some answers soon. My advice to anyone out there with ANY suspicious 'lumps' or unexplained pain that doesnt resolve as the doctors expect, is to push and push for answers and dont be fobed off. This has taken me 9months to be taken seriously and those months could be important as i now have a suspect deep vein thrombosis in my neck due to the pressure these lumps are placing on surounding tissues, if in doubt, go to the NICE guidlines on referrals and quoat them to your doctors, i've found my case is in no way uncommen and doctors should be forced to answer to their ignorance.
Good luck.

I too suddenly had my right clavicel bone grow and protrude. Coupled with neck pains, I had two C.T's. done and was diagnosed with severe bone spurs and arthritis in neck and spine.
When I lift anything I feel tremendous pain in my upper chest bone and the front of my neck.
I am an avid tennis player and am really worried that I will not be able to pursue this or any upper body sports much longer.
Any help out there?

It was interesting to Google clavical and to see these postings come right up. I just saw a Dr. yesterday for the very same symptoms. I have great pain when I lift my left arm (as if you were to pull a shirt over your head). There is a small bump there and its more pronounced when I lay on my side.

The Dr. was stumped and only thought that the cartiledge between my second rib and sternum was inflammed and is suggesting a cortizone shot. I'm not comfortable with that suggestion as it's only being suggested to rule out other theories. I did have x-rays done in which he didn't see any outstanding issues and said he was going to ask the radiologist to view them.

Any suggestions to bring to this Dr.'s attention would be helpful. Areas to search, test to take?

I was relieved to read that other people out there are having some of the same issues that I am having. I am currently in the early stages of being seen by doctors regarding the raised area on my right clavicel bone (began in March). It is not pronounced, however it is certainly noticable. It is a hard and boney to the touch area. It can be difficult at times to raise my arms (especially the right side) and my neck muscles ache from time to time. The pain that I feel sometimes reminds me of what a headache feels like and my neck muscles ache like I have had a terrible nights sleep. I do not want to complain, but this is truly how it feels.

After having X-rays, and 2 CTs, I was told by a general doctor that it was a mildly enlarged thymus. Then I went on to see an endochronologist yesterday and he thinks that it is a goiter or thyroid gland issue. After having an ultrasound done today, the tech scanned the raised area near on my clavicel bone. She was in agreement with me that my thyroid glands are in the neck area, not on the clavical.
I am confused and ready for some real answers. I am praying and trying not to worry as I wait (2weeks) for my next appointment. I wish that I knew more about this matter. Thank you for allowing me to share.

I can't believe I found all this info and people who were having the same problem as I. I have had the CTscan w/contrast and MRI and am scheduled now for a biopsy. The dr talked about possible tumor or bone infection. It really seems strange that there are so many of us with the same problem
Jerry

i have had a enlarged right clavical since i was a little girl, it dosnt hurt at all. but everyone asks if i have broken it.. its massive. going to doctors today to get it checked out but have had chiropactors say its just soft tissue underneath...so werid that this many ppl have same thing

I also have a large lump pertruding from the end of my right clavical bone near the throat. I have a pain in the right side of my neck in the back side not sure they are related. I have had CT Scan, Xrays, Ultrasound and all showing nothing. I have had this for about 6 months now. I am having my thyroid checked out in a week. I try not to worry but i know something must be wrong. Just wondering if anyone here has come up with a conclusion on what it may be.

I have recently noticed that the end of my clavicle on the right side of center, is assymetrical with the left side. This has not previously been the case and I am concerned as to what the heck is happening. It really is odd to find so many people posting the same issue. I had neck surgery in Feb 2008 - disc replacement (c 6-7). The protruding bone and build-up of tissue is right beneath the 3 inch incsision. I am wondering if the surgery has anything to do with this. I am visiting with my surgeon next week.

I too have an enlarged right side clavical bone...it doesn't hurt but it is significantly larger than the left side. I can't remember the first time I noticed it, but it's been a long time. I do get headaches and often feel like I've had a bad nights sleep. I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor. %-)

I recently have had the same problem as all of you.. Wow, I cant believe we all have this same problem and no Dr's have heard of this. My best friend looked at and shrugged it off. He's worked as a trainer for both a professional Hockey Team and Pro Football team..

Its a noticeable bump on my right side under my neck. Its the clavical bone, but towards the center part of the chest.. Im not sure if doing push ups did it or rock climing.. I do both.. it bothers me like everyone else. I even recently had a Shoulder Surgeon who was looking at my other shoulder look at it..Couldnt care less.. omg.. lol... its not like it doesnt stick out, or affect my Rt. Shoulder when I lift it..

Now I played college football, and Im not bragging but Ive had my fare share of injuries.. I know when something isn't right. I've even tried to push it back into the chest, but it does hurt and doesnt move very well.. after reading all your stories and finding out .. no one has a clue.. omg..... are we a UFO family with the same bone problem.. its the clavical.. Ive tried website after website with no luck...Its almost like the Clavical bone got twisted or popped out from the shoulder area and pushed this side of the bone outward like a teeter todder.. lol.. and its now stuck in the out position...

The only person was a guy at work, whos played college football as well. He was a lineman.. He says he's done it and went to a chiropractor and he poped it back in... I havent gotten to that yet but I'm realy close to seeing one .. Sad thing is the trainer I mentioned earlier in my story is a chiropractor and he never mentioned adjusting it back in. Has he never saw this on the Pro athlete he works on everyday..

We are a mystery medical bunch of humans with a bone sticking out of our chest plate.. If anyone finds out any good info could you please email me at .. Id love to feel normal again.. because it really doesnt feel normal... thank you all for reading this goofy story... Tom

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Hi I think you all should really ask your docs to consider the Cat Scratch Disease. Apparently the lymph node under the clavicle is the one which can be affected by a certain bacteria.... THe bacteria can lead to complications in immune compromised individuals and lead to bone infections. Definitely read up on that and make your doc consider that possibility!