Hello, folks. My brother fell off yesterday and he hurt his upper arm. I think he was diagnosed a humerus fracture. I would like to know how these fractures are fixed. Is there anyone who would know to answer my question? I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance. Bye!

Hello. Don’t worry too much. Humerus fractures can heal without a surgery. Most of them are treated with a sling or a brace. Casting isn’t possible for fractures of this location. However, if the bone fragments are far away, then surgery is needed. Fractures that are near elbow or shoulder are also possible for surgery. This especially goes for the fractures that extend to the joint. I hope everything will be all right with your brother. Good luck!

Well,
I can tell you that your brother is very unlucky because this bone is very strong one. The upper arm bone, called humerus is very important bone of the arm. Did he had a surgery? I know that most of these fractures need surgical treatment in order to reconnect the bone. His recovery will not be easy and it will last long. I think that this can last for two or three months. He has to talk to his doctor and see what is the best treatment option for him in order to get better as soon as he can. I hope that this helped in any way.

All the best,
Nelie

i broke my humerous bone DR said it wasnt very bad he is making me wait 4 days to get it fixed it happened 3 weeks ago & was just diagnosed on monday due to stupid Drs treating it as inflammed muscle. it is very painful they didnt even give me any pain pills is this normal? u think i will have to have surgery?