This morning I was playing basketball with my friend and suddenly he felt a strong pain in his shoulder. He went to doctor immediately and his diagnosis is clavicle fracture. I don’t know too much about this kind of fracture. Can somebody tell me is surgery required because of clavicle fracture?

I had a clavicle fracture few months ago and I know something more about it. It is unusual for a clavicle fracture to require surgery. The indications for surgery include fractures where the bone pokes through the skin, severely displaced fractures and some fractures of the outer part of the collar bone.

Here is a useful description of clavicle fracture immobilozation:clavicle-immobilization.info

Hi there,
You have to understand that the treatment will depend on the severity of the fracture of the bone. I know that there are surgical ways to treat this fracture but there are non surgical as well. You will wear arm support and use medication for long period of time in order for the bone to grow back to its right place. You will also need to have physical therapy which will help with the muscle strengthening. Some complications are possible so you have to be careful when you want to have non surgical treatment option. I hope that this helped you in any possible way.

All the best,
Danella