Few days ago I watched some program on TV about skull fractures. I didn’t know that there are so many kind of skull fracture. I remember that one kind is very hard. I think it’s called Basilar skull fracture. I would like to know what are the signs of Basilar skull fracture?

I can tell you that Basilar fracture has very characteristic signs. The blood in the sinuses is the one of them. Then usually some fluid is leaking from the nose or ears. Bruising of the orbits of the eyes, as a result from blood collecting there. And Battle's sign, it caused when blood collects behind the ears and causes bruising.

Well,
If I am not mistaking here I think that the name says it all, the basilar skull fracture is the fracture of the base of the skull. It involves the temporal bone, occipital bone, sphenoid bone, and/or ethmoid bone. I think that non displaced fractures can heal on their own without any treatment but if you have this fracture you will most likely develop migraines. I know that this type of fractures are very rare and they only count 4% of injuries to the head. You will most likely feel a lot of pain, where you might have tears in your eyes. I hope this helped in any way.

All the best,
Nelie