Ironically I am actually waiting for the coffee machine to finish making my latest coffee as I am writing this. It is non even noon yet, and I am onto my sixth coffee, I think. I like espresso and drink in in large mugs. I know that too much coffee isn't good. But medically speaking, what are the proven side effects of too much caffeine?

An elevated blood pressure, a higher heart rate, heart palpitations, headaches.... These are the only side effects that I personally know of, off the top of my head, but I have no doubt that the list of side effects for too much caffeine goes on a bit longer. Coffee is a real addiction, isn't it?

Unless you are noticing some adverse health effects, which you shouldn't, you will be fine. As far as too much, it really depends on the person. I can drink a 24 ounce Rockstar and fall asleep afterwards, where someone who doesn't consume much caffeine would be awake all night. It's all about the person's tolerance, just like any drug.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed