I read that red bull should never be taken in combination with alcohol because of the possible side effects of this combination, so you should drink either red bull or alcohol but not both at once. Yet vodka and red bull is a popular drink. Have any of you tried vodka and red bull? Did you have any side effects from vodka and red bull?

im frinking red bull and vodka atm and im well drunk. so it's perfectly fine

Vodka contains more amount of alcohol as red bull. Red Bull contains very small amounts of alcohol which is very popularly taken as energy drink. If you mix them, surely they will take a toll on your health as alcohol increases your body weight!!

I have heard that drinking excessive amount of vodka causes obesity and insomnia.

Hi giorgi, 

Yes, even if red bull mixed with vodka is very popular drink, there are strong arguments as to why it may be more harmful than drinking even alcohol alone. First and foremost, it’s the alcohol itself puts a strain on your body when you drink it, no wonder hangovers are that bad: you get dehydrated, lose many minerals and put a big effort on your liver that is responsible for breaking down the alcohol.

And this is where red bull or any other energy drink starts to cause problems. It also contains not only caffeine, but also substances like taurin and guarana or hyaluronic acid that also break down in the liver. So, it’s double strain on the liver, not to mention that energy drink masks alcohol taste so you drink more than you would without it.

Hi guys, Yes stimulants mixed with alcohol definitely has bad side effects for you, after a night of drinking these drinks i suffered quite a bad hangover the next day which is very unusual for me, more worryingly i had bad palpitations and as i was studying medical sciences i applied my experience to a project i was to work on.  20 healthy students 10 drinking stimulants mixed with alcohol and 10 with just normal mixers, all 20 were hooked up onto heart monitors for the following 48 hours and the results were astonishing. 4/10 on the stimulants even had slightly irregular rhythms from the effects of the drink. These drinks have terrible side effects and i hope that hopefully people will read this and heed my advice do not mix stimulants with alcohol 

I've tried it and it tasted just OK to me. I don't really like the taste of Red Bull. I've never heard Red Bull has alcohol in it itself? Red Bull has B vitamins in it as do most energy mixes and B vitamins are good to lessen hangovers. Still I would not suggest drinking these mixed as it may allow you to drink more (bad) by warding off sleepiness. And nothing worse than a wide awake drunk, lol.

I had entirely too many of these this past weekend and I had the worst experience mixed with a hangover. I'm not sure why, but for the first and only time in my life, I had anxiety and was paranoid for a couple of hours the next day. It was pretty scary. It wasn't when I first woke up and nothing happened to bring it on, but I think it was from the red bull. I checked my blood pressure and it was only slightly elevated.

i drink vodka red bull evberytime I go out!!! its my drink of choice.....I never have any problems! the only thing I can complain about is I stay up much later and drink much more!