My mother wants to quit smoking. Since she has tried many methods without success, she is now even considering hypnotherapy. I don’t know anything about this, so I would like to ask what kind of side effects can happen in this kind of therapy. I would appreciate all your replies considering this.

It is an interesting approach. I think that some people found a solution in hypnotherapy. However, your mother should be careful. Most of danger comes from a hypnotherapist who is an amateur. She should look for the one that is experienced in this area. Some somatic side effects have been also reported. Those would be: stiffness in neck, headache, confusion, etc. Sometimes these side effects are expected and disappear in few hours after the session. Consult an expert for more details. Please, let me know the outcome.