Ive never tried to quit smoking before and suddenly I decided that I should. I heard that hypnotherapy could be used for quitting, so I found this hypnotherapist and made an appointment. I knew I needed help because I could never quit cold turkey, Im just not that strong. Anyway, I had a session with this hypnotherapist and when I went home, I fainted. Im not sure that I should be doing this hypnotherapy anymore. Any suggestions?

I dont think that you should have so lightly made that appointment. Maybe you should have done some research on how hypnosis works and ask your self if you were the right person for such treatment. There are things to think about when considering hypnotherapy, some of them being: whether you may become dependable on it, whether you will be able to solve other problems on your own, if it would work for good or be just a temporary solution, and most important you should have asked questions about this hypnotherapist in particular and checked his credentials. I would advise you to forget about hypnotherapy and have a word with a doctor who specializes in respiratory illnesses and works with people on quitting smoking. They may help you with finding the best way for you to stop smoking. Also, thinking about your reasons of why you want to stop and thinking them through may be beneficial as well. I wish you good luck. I quit cold turkey.

If by "whether you may become dependable on it" implies dependence on hypnotherapy, the suggestion is totally nonsensical. Hypnosis is simply the distraction, or the intent focusing, or the confusion, of the conscious mind to achieve a relaxed and receptive state of mind; whilst hypnotherapy is the application of therapeutic interventions through hypnosis. It can in no way be addictive, as is implied by the above post.