Hi, I am worried about my mother. She keeps having panic attacks for a long time. She used some antidepressants, but the results are not good enough. I heard that hypnotherapy helped some people, and before I propose this to my mother, I would like to hear something more about this.

Hello. My friend is thinking of trying hypnotherapy too. If I understud him well, this is the application of hypnosis as a form of treatment. The therapist's voice induces you to the state of unconsciousness, and he makes you feel very comfortable and relaxed. The hypnotherapist replaces your negatives thoughts and fears with the positive ones. This method is used for treating panic attacks, phobias, weight-control problems, and even smoking. The idea of someone entering his head scares my friend, but I always tell him that he watched too much movies about evil doctors, who make their patients do whatever they want. This is not real, and neither of you should be scared of trying hypnotherapy. Don’t you want to feel better? So do something about it!

Although I wish to remain annonymous, I can tell you about Hypnotherapy. I have suffered severe panick attacks for years, and in desperation, I sought the help of a Hynotherapist.
Please understand that this is NOTHING like you see on TV or film! You are not rendered unconcious, nor are you told to walk around clucking like a chicken! This is TV stage stunt to make a program interesting. In real life, you are ALWAYS aware of what is going on and the Hypnotherapist works with you, not against you. I have found my sessions to be very helpful and would recommend you seriously consider this method. Please do not be afraid, as it is not messing with the mind. This is a tried and trusted approach. Take it from someone who suffers catergory one attacks!
You will not be given a true session immediatly, you will udergo an assesment first, where you agree on the course of treatment first.
I wish your mother the best.

Best wishes,
a friend

HIYA

I HAVE TRIED HYPNOTHERAPY NOW 36 TIMES WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE ALSO I HAVE BOUGHT ABOUT 100 CDS OFF THE NET AND NONE WORKED FOR ME. ALTHOUGH I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A NEW ONE AND TIME WILL TELL BUT I FIND THIS ONE HELPS ME A LOT

SO IM PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE AND LETS HOPE AND SEE

MY ADVISE ASK THE DOCTOR IF THEY CAN REFER YOU

I have tried hypnotherapy and I feel the same way. What is your current c.d you have bought ? I feel I am so exhausted and need to find a cure fast !

Celebrity
I did hypnotyherapy along my road to recovery and it was quite relaxing and somewhat beneficial to me. However I have said it here a million times. If you want lasting long term relief you need to join a CBT group or read some CBT books like the one by Sam Obitz. The key is to do the thought countering exercise called the TEA form EVERYDAY so you learn to think more objectively and are able to calm yourself down. CBT is the most effective treatment for anxiety and panic !

Where can i find a CBT group?

I believe hypnotherapy will work but you have to want it to and go in believing it will.

Celebrity
Try calling local CBT therapists in your area and they often run them as well as some university psychology departments (usually a cheaper option). Make sure they are CBT specialists and not just traditional group therapy because there is a big difference. If you do the exercises everyday you will gain substantial relief :D

Cognitive restructuring and relaxation are two of the top recommended treatments for panic attacks. Hypnosis is able to accomplish both simultaneously. The beginning therapy relaxes the body and mind to a state similar to that which happens just before you drift off to sleep. When relaxation is achieved, then the cognitive changes can be implemented. To take that which is irrational and replace it with logical thinking in a panicked situation is the role of hypnosis.

Celebrity
A combo of relaxation like hypnotherapy with CBT will probably help accelerate the process of alleviating panic and anxiety symptoms :-D

I 100% believe that hypnotherapy and other techniques is the way to fix anxiety and panic attacks. I suffered from severe panic attacks and got to a point I couldnt keep any food down. I thankfully met a therapist who taught me Tapping methods and different hypnotherapy techniques and I feel like a whole new person. I went to several different doctors and all they did was give me different types of medicine such as zanax and valum. I am disgusted by them! This is a natural way and all about the body and mind. It is amazing!

Celebrity
You are preaching to the choir with me Alex. I have been off meds forever now and feeling great thanks to learning how to use CBT exercises like the TEA forms and never want to ever take a med again!