Hi, folks. I am 15 years old and I have never dyed my hair before. My mother says how this is still too early for me, but I am not sure she is right. I would like to know the side effects of dying my hair. Can anyone help me with more details? I would really appreciate all your replies considering this. Thanks.

Hi to you too. It all depends what quality your hair is. However, you cannot say that dying hair is harmless, even for thick hair. It can cause allergies and skin irritation. Hair breakage is also possible. Your hair will split on ends. Maybe you should listen to your mother. She is more experienced. Does she color her hair? I hope everything will be fine.

First of all it all depends the quality of your hair, color of your hair and the color you wish to dye your hair in. of course that dying hair is damaging it even if it is the best quality. Dying hair is something that you will repeat every month or two probably for the rest of your life. And since you are 15 you can imagine what is going to happen in let’s say 30 years. Of course there are ways to reduce the damage but not to avoid it completely.

Use quality hair dye and always use masks and try to wash your hair with cold water after dying it. Also avoid hair straightener and cut your hair at least once a month.