Hi, folks. I often hear how people use hypnosis in treating various conditions, disorders and diseases. I would like to know if medical applications of this technique are legal or not. It sounds little underground to me. I would appreciate if someone could answer me. Thanks in advance for all your replies.

Hi, there. Of course using hypnotherapy in medicine is legal. It can be used for treating many psychological and psychiatric disorders. It can really help. However, this must be conducted by a licensed therapist. Not all therapists can deal with hypnosis. They must be well trained and get a license for this kind of practice. This is all regulated by law, so you don’t need to worry a lot. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi, guys. I have also heard about various medical applications of hypnosis. There are also various hypnotic techniques. Hypnosis does not need to be used for treating disorders. It can also be used for leaving bad habits. Many people use it to quit smoking. I hear it is successful in this field. I am not sure about other addictions. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!

Hi, guys. Hypnosis seems exotic in a way. I know that many people use it for stress management. We are all under a stress. With hypnosis, you enter a deep relaxation state. Many people use it for this. I agree that you should only visit a licensed hypnotherapist. Everyone cannot deal with hypnosis. I hope we’ve helped you with this. Bye!

Yes, hypnotherapy is perfectly legal, but is unregulated by the authorities. This mean that anyone can hold themselves out to being a hypnotherapist without the relevant training. Luckily the hypnosis profession does a pretty good job of regulating itself. If you have any doubts about a hypnotherapists credentials, then ask to see certificates. It is also useful if you have been referred to this therapist by a friend who has previously had a good experience with this person.

Another good way of ensuring you are receiving competent hypnosis / hypnotherapy is to request a referral from your Dr. Many health professionals do not provide hypnotherapy themselves however, recognizing the benefits of it have researched local hypnotherapist and provide referrals to them for their clients.