I am a vegetarian and pretty sure I am anaemic, because I was anaemic in the past and the symptoms that I had when that was diagnosed have come back now. I am not sure whether to see a GP about this, or to just start taking iron tablets. Among other things, I actually want to know if taking iron tablets has any side effects?

Well, there is such a thing as too much iron in the blood, which most people don't even realise! If you are not anaemic and boosting your iron levels too much, you could have problems. I think these are mainly along the lines of muscle pains and cramps, but there may be others too. I reckon you should see your doctor and have some blood work, to be on the safe side.

There is nothing better than natural vitamins found in nat food- iron rich products: meat, spinach, banana and other-google for them...but if you are a female really need tablets, ask yr doc nd take them