I am 14 years old and I have just learned that I have low iron in my body a month ago. I now take iron pills. I want to know how long will it take for me to gain back that lost iron, what causes this, and if I weren't taking anything to help myself, could this go further and become more serious?

-thanks

Iron is what enables blood to transfer oxygen throughout our body, it’s part of the red blood cells. We get iron from food, but sometimes that isn’t enough, like when your body is developing, as yours in now or in pregnancy. Foods that are rich in iron are meat, spinach and dairy. Tests for iron levels are common and simple and doctors check them regularly for certain age groups (like yours). There is almost no chance it would have gone unnoticed, not only because of the tests, but also because you would still be taking iron from food. Or you would have started wondering why are you so tired, pale or dizzy.
When I had anemia (that’s iron deficiency) I was a bit older than you and I had to take iron pills for two months, although probably for the month and a half looked like there was nothing wrong and I was feeling completely fine. But, I listened to the smarter ones in this matter and took the pills for all two months.

If you have these type of efficiency that can be enables to transfer the blood and take the oxygen throughout the body. It is one of the part of the body these all things are great to know about it. It can be possible with so many things which is great to know about it.