I have to admit that i sleep very late at night, and don't get but 4-5 hrs tops of sleep. And lately i have been feeling very weak and faint and its kinda scaring me a little. My fingers are always cold, and i get really cold. So if anyone can let me know what i may have. It may be cause of my sleeping late but i'd like to really know. Thank you.

It seems to me like you are low on iron. Iron is necessary for your blood to be able to carry oxygen through your body and many people are lacking iron and experience tiredness, weakness and have a pale, cold skin without having a clue that they are actually anemic. Doctors usually check for this, it’s one of the common things in blood tests to see iron levels and anemia caused by iron deficiency is easily treatable with iron supplements. Do you sleep little because you don’t have time or because you have trouble falling asleep? I don’t think that lack of sleep is the only cause for weakness and fainting, but it sure does make you tired, even dizzy when it lasts for a long time.

Well iron is in meat right? I've just recently turned vegetarian. And haven't eaten meat in about a week. And i sometimes just can't fall asleep. Like it takes a while for me to do so. And my mom and dad have said that i've been looking a little pale.

Meat is definitely the food that contains most iron and that is enough for most people to get the amounts that are necessary to function. If you decided to be vegetarian iron is not the only thing you need to watch for. Meat is our main source of proteins. Without them we just don’t get enough energy. As far as the iron goes, spinach is definitely best source – there is a reason for Popeye, I guess. So probably your body is reacting to this major change now, but still iron deficiency builds over longer time. Have you thought about what will substitute meat before you became vegetarian? Do you still eat eggs and dairy? I’ve had that issue with falling asleep for a long time, sometimes it gets better, sometimes doesn’t. Has anything out of the ordinary happened recently? Are you anxious about something?

No i didn't really think about what to substitute meat. Yes i do still drink milk and eat eggs. Spinach i can try spinach, was never really a fan of it, but i can think of Popeye haha. That is what i thought, that my body is probably reacting to it. Nothing out of the ordinary. I guess i'm anxious because of finals and all that.