My routine is to was urinate and then wash up after each sex episode. Sometimes after sex and i go to urinate, I do feel some sharp pains which normally stops after urination. I also discovered that at times i feel my muscles twitching even up to my the tip of my penis. What is the likely cause?

Hi Dave: As I'm sure you are aware the tip of your penis is FILLED with nerves. And nerves twitch, after exertion!! So that would be the cause of that, just like when you run your legs can twitch after.

There are 2 things that come to mind about your penis hurting, one you might be in a position where there is deep penetration, so the head of your penis is hitting the top of her vagina. Another is you might have a bladder or UTI urinary tract infection - thus the urniating and then it stops AFTER urinating.

Another thing just came to mind too, do you use a condom? If you do, you could be alergic to it. And then when you urinate, it washes away the coating off of the tip. My guess is with the UTI! Have a urine test done, 1st of all, then perhaps have your doctor take a swab of your penis - just to rule out any STD! In the mean time try to determine if you are in deed "reaching the end of the road" - so to speak ;-) XD Good luck and let me know if I can help some more!

Thanks to the above! Helped me too.

Bambi is totally right. Most likely, you are simply sensitive on the tip of your penis because there's nothing with you, but you've just got a sensitive tip. The only other thing is that you could have a UTI so at least make sure that you're screened for that. If not, then the best thing you can do is make sure to wear a condom to make sure that you're safe and keep from being sensitive.