Hello everyone. For some reason, lets say a couple minutes into masterbation, the tip of my penis starts to hurt. Even when I put my pants back on, and it touches the tip of my penis, it hurts. It goes a way after a couple minutes though... Is this a foreskin problem? How do I fix this? Should I see a doctor? Thanks! ~ Jason

Is your foreskin fully retractable or still closed over the glans? If it is closed, then your tip could be irritated by friction.

Do you have any additional symptoms like itching or redness maybe? If you have these additional symptoms, you are most likely to have a yeast infection that may occur either by having sex or after antibiotic treatment or lowered immunity.

If there are no other symptoms, and you are still experiencing the burning, it could be psychological. Do you have any worries regarding masturbation, do you have a feeling of guilt because of masturbation, did you hear any bad stories about it….all of these things could cause your burning feeling without a real cause.

So, if there are some unsorted issues, feel free to talk about them!

I am having problem with irritation and burning at very tip with no other symptoms. Have been to dr. and checked out ok. I have been stressing out about it constantly and thinking about it all the time. I was terrified that i had some serious disease. I still am feeling burning as we speak. It has been a week now. Does anyone have an experience like this that is brought on psychologically. Can you really imagine a burning sensation at the tip of your penis??? thanks

Hi! You never said how old you were, if you were circumcised or not and what tests you doctor performed.
The thing is that that kind of symptoms mainly occur due to a simple urinary infections or infections at the end of urethra. I suppose your doctor would spot elevated white blood cells that usually indicate an infection if he head urinalysis done. However, urinalyses may not always test positive.

Another possible cause is just an irritation of the tip of your penis especially if you are circumcised. Frequent friction and rubbing may make you burn or itch. Also if you have problems with retracting your foreskin, then when you do, your tip may feel irritated and even burn.

The last thing I could remember is yeast infection. Some men who develop yeast infection have no symptoms while others experiencing burning and itching or penile rash (redness).

I went to the doctor and had a full std test which came up negative. I suspect it was too rough masturbation. I stopped for several days and the pain at the tip of my penis subsided, when I took up masturbating again, the pain returned. I'm currently sitting with ice on my penis and trying to not masturbate! The burning/discomfort on my circumsized penis is constant, doesn't matter if I urinate or not. No discharge, no other symptoms other than a dull pain at the opening of my urethra.

I have the exact same symtom, after masturbating quite often, ... The tip of my urethra hurts when rubbed against my boxers.... or anything else, ... the pain is not severe, but I notice it, if I masturbate it gets worse,...

Doctors don't know what's going on, or they think I have something else....

Please, someone help!!!

It's entirely possible that you have irritated the meatus (the opening) in the head of the penis.
The red/pink interior lining can be very sensitive, and frequently will react to: soap, bath soaps, laundry soaps, etc.

You might try rinsing the penis more carefully, or totally avoiding any soaps on the penis, especially the head.

Also, depending on your masturbation technique, you might try avoiding the head or at least the tip.

It's also possible that after orgasm, the head of your penis is so sensitive that you're interpreting it as burning or pain.
But you're the best judge of that.

If you're using lotion, try switching lotion, or buying a tube of KY Jelly or liquid (like "Wet" or "Moist") and trying that.
Don't use soap, shampoo or hand soap.

Hope this helps some.

Guest wrote:

Yes, I do feel guilty for it. And I was told I can get cancer from doing it, and I am worried because my dog died from lung cancer.

The threat of cancer can be a real worry... but a needless one. Masturbation does NOT produce cancer.
If anything, it might help prevent it, according to research.

But your line about your dog dying from lung cancer, well, that's just sad...and made me laugh because it sounded as if it was totally unrelated. Now that someone has pointed it out to me, well, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. ! I appologize!

yeah this just happend to me my uncircumcised penis tip became sore
i whacked it 3 times in a few hours...
the pain is starting to go away, i must have really been "beating" it.
my advice is keep "bating" to once or twice a day. and if your gonna spank it more than that
space it out a couple hours apart.also dont use sand paper on your penis or steel wool
it alaways sounds like a good idea but its just not worth it.

ive had the same problem. i believe due to friction the tip of the penis gets too much friction and get rubbed raw, like a rug burn. it will eventually heal. at home try not to wear any boxers or pants this way when you walk or move around your penis isnt rubbed by your clothes continuing it to be raw for longer amount of time. in fact it happen to me again today. it hurts but just give it time to heal!

I'm 13 still a virgin but masturbate frequently. I still can't fully retract my foreskin yet, but today when I went to masturbate, the tip of my penis started to sting and I didn't even touch the glans (well, the foreskin around the glans) i had a look at the glans and they look quite dry. could this be the cause of the stinging sensation?  please reply as I am quite worried.

I'm still a teenager and am currently with a girl. She is my second and I'm having irritation issues with the head. I just viewed the words "retractable over the glads" and it got me thinking...

I had sex with my first girl 2 or 3 times and about 30-40 minutes into each intercourse apparently skin of the head "retracted" whilst I was wearing a condom and caused me to feel pain at the tip whilst having sex. The exposed tip became quite red (This "retraction" was the first time it ever happened to me as it was my first time I had sex) I put the skin back and continued with new contraception, but I still felt a little weird at the tip, even after we finished though it was not painful. This happened again the second time and I did the same thing I did the previous time (putting the skin back over the head to avoid pain etc)

Now I am with this second girl and the first time we did it together the same thing happened. But it wasn't exactly as painful as with the first girl. So I think this is normal and I am getting used to it.

I would just like to ask to be sure:

Does the skin of the head have to "retract" with every intercourse?

Is it normal for the tip to be a little painful and irritable the first 3-4 times you have sex after the skin retracts?

Do you get used to it so you dont feel any pain/iritability at all when it retracts?

Another possibility:

Check the type of laundry soap in use right now.

Have you changed detergents, or fabric softener?

Could your parent or laundry person be pre-treating your shorts with some new detergent that is leaving a residue?

It's entirely possible that you're reacting to something left on the fabric.

JohnSmith wrote:

I would just like to ask to be sure:

NO, the skin of the doesn't HAVE to retract in every intercourse...however, my brethern who are not circumcised tell me that the foreskin is supposed to slide forward and back, alternately protecting the vagina from the glans and then stimulating it as it slides back and forth...during UNPROTECTED sex.

If you are wearing a condom, then the natural force of the vaginal walls to "peel back" and expose the glans doesn't happen.

But you're saying that you feel that the glans IS emerging, and is rubbing into the end of your condom, and you're still getting some pain at the tip.

This MIGHT be from something (powder, spermacide, lubricant?) inside the condom that is now in direct contact with the urethrea, OR glans when it is most sensitive.

Or, you may also still have a connecting strip of skin that runs from the frenulum up to the foreskin, and it's becoming taught when the foreskin retracts back.  This might tug on the head and could account for your slight feeling of pain. (This is my best guess!)  Perhaps it is stretching or becoming more loose, which might make it less obvious.

Again, as I am circumcised, I'm speculating.  But I'd feel better if  another moderator were to weigh in on this, as he is a champion of uncircumcised topics and the action of the foreskin during sex.  Hope he is listening in...

Kevin B wrote:

JohnSmith wrote:

I would just like to ask to be sure:

Or, you may also still have a connecting strip of skin that runs from the frenulum up to the foreskin, and it's becoming taught when the foreskin retracts back.  This might tug on the head and could account for your slight feeling of pain.  Perhaps it is stretching or becoming more loose, which might make it less obvious. (This is my best thought.)

Again, as I am circumcised, I'm speculating.  But I'd feel better if another moderator were to weigh in on this, as he is a champion of uncircumcised topics and the action of the foreskin during sex.  Hope he is listening in...

Would you mind messaging him and asking please? I would really appreciate it.
*****Moderators Note:  Done. Private Messaged him immediately.  Keep watching....***