hi. about 3 days ago at night i woke up with a pain on the tip of my penis. more like a burning feeling but thought nothing of it and ignored it. the next morning i felt it again and started to freak out because the pain was more intense. like a mild burning feeling. So the next day i went to the doctor and took a uti test and came back neag. and the doctor thought i had a std but i know i dont because i hadnt had sex in a long time. anyways she prescribed me azithomycin 250mg and took 4 of them one at once. still felt the pain. later on during that night i started to feel pressure in my lower rectum and mild pain. i just thought i had to go to the bathroom. So the next morning i woke up went to the bathroom fine and 30min later i started to get a real sharp burning pain in my rectum. its hurts so bad. So now i have a mild burning tingling feeling on the tip of my penis and a burning pain in my rectum. Idk whats wrong. at first it did burn alittle after i peed but today it went away doesnt hurt after i pee, just burns now all the time. and my rectum hurts aswell. hurts when i sit or lay down on my back. Never had anything inserted in my rectum or nothing like that ever so i dont know whats wrong. never did a prostate exam either. just started happening a couple of days ago out of know where and now my rectum hurts. any ideas? thanks for your time.

It does sound like a UTI or bladder infection. I'm also wondering if possibly it could be a kidney stone.

The tingling feeling is common with all of them as would abdomen pain. If it was a kidney stone you'd usually feel the pain more on one side and see evidence of blood in your urine but it is not uncommon to have groin or lower abdomen pain as well.

Azithomycin is an antibiotic, not a pain killer. It will take a few days for it to begin to work, if it is an infection. Were you told to take 4 at once? The usual dosage is 2 pills the first day and one a day thereafter. Follow the directions on the antibiotic as directed and finish the entire prescription even if you feel better.

Azithomycin can also cause you to have gastrointestinal problems and abdominal pain as a side effect.

While I don't see any problem with taking some tylenol, etc. for the pain, you should check with your doctor. Just follow the directions on the bottle.

Post back with more questions/concerns. Hope you feel better soon.

yes on the bottle of the meds it said take 4 all at once and do not eat on a empty stomach. i will prob. go to the doctor soon again because my rectum feels really bad.

Thanks for clarifying the dosage.

How old are you? Do you notice any blood in your stools? Does the pain change when you move your bowels? Do you notice any discharge from your urethra? How long does this pain in the rectum last?

I would have expected you to have a digital exam of your prostate. I'm surprised the doctor didn't. Prostate problems may cause some of these symptoms.

Muscle spasms around rectum can produce these symptoms but are more common in women.

Post back with more information if you can.

i am 20 years old. no i do not have blood in my stool. no it doesnt hurt when i move my bowels but i tried to go to the bathroom and couldnt go. did hurt alittle to push out but nothing came out and i didnt want to strain myself. i dont have no discharge from my urethra at all. my penis looks very healthy with no bumps or redness at all. the pain that i am feeling in my rectum is all the time, more like a burning feeling. no i havent done a prostate exam yet but i am going to go for it asap. right now i can feel the burning feeling on the tip of my penis but not as much as before. i can feel it but not as painful like it was in the beginning. now more my rectum hurts more. the pain feels almost like right at the end of my anus but i checked to see if i have anything around my anus and no i do not and i do not have any discharge at all. thanks for ur reply.

At 20 I doubt the doctor is thinking its a prostate problem.

It very well could be a UTI or bladder infection and that the azithomycin is working and reducing the burning feeling in your penis. I'm just wondering about the rectum issues. It almost sounds a bit like a hemorrhoid, without the bleeding.

Let us know the results of the prostate exam, I don't think they'll find anything abnormal.

Good luck, sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

The most common cause of these complaints is an inflammation of the prostate gland, so called prostates. Symptoms that might occur with prostates include frequency of urination, slowing of the urinary stream, burning with voiding or ejaculation, burning in the penile tip unrelated to voiding, sexual dysfunction , aching in the penis, testicles, and discomfort in the lower abdomen, low back, groin, rectum or perineum . The passage of blood at the initiation or termination of urination or in the semen can also be noted. As with all diseases, only some of the symptoms are manifest in a given individual. During sexual arousal the prostate gland manufactures fluid that accounts for about 2/3 of the volume of ejaculate.

well over the weekend i notice my rectum problem went away. i tried a enema cuz i hadnt gone to the bathroom for 2 days and when i took it, it took awhile and i finally went. since then the pain went away. well i went to the doctor on tuesday and told him my problems and he said theres nothing wrong with me down there. he still think its a uti so he put me on doxycycline and urinary antiseptic. anyways took them. and started to feel better. alot better. the burning feeling would come and go and it wouldnt be as bad at all but now for some reason i have a sharp pain were i think my kidneys are. not sure but i know i feel it there and were my bladder is at. its a real bad sharp pain. hopfully the meds take it away. been drinking cranbarry and water alot. and the urinary antiseptic is making me pee like a dark orange redish yellow color. i dont know if its normal but it does make me feel better and did almost take the burning feeling away. The only problem now is that i had protected sex with my girlfriend today and what i noticed that my semen was a yellow color. is that normal? i hope so. any answers welcome thank u

I am assuming that your semen color change is related to the urinary antiseptic because you reported the whole color change with your urine too. I don't think it's much to worry about but if you are concerned, you should ask your doctor about it. Does this help?

Im 24 years old and ive probably had at least 15 kidney stones since I was 16. I will be completely honest, some are extremely painful (i couldnt believe a human was capable of feeling that much pain, if i had a gun, i would of shot myself lol).. its serious.. but some you pass w.o even knowing you ever had one. it depends on the shape, size, etc of the kidney stone. I currently had a teeny bit of pain in my testicle, (knew it was a kidney stone).. went to the er.. they always think its an std.. they will test your urine to see if there is blood, if the result comes back with blood in your urine is prob a stone. .. i ended up having 4 kidney stones in my right kidney, and the pain wasnt that bad.. ive since passed one. It was huge, cant belive it fit through my penis. (not to sound gross).. and now i have another one coming through.. it almost feels like a sharp, razor feeling when urninating, .. its very uncomfortable.. almost makes you not want to urinate.. ive never had pain in my rectum, just testicles and lower back pain.. the lower back pain is very intense, will make you neausous.. possibly throw up.. anytime you have a kidney stone you should go to the hospital right away and have a catscan or ultra sound. xray's rarely show stones.. so demand a catscan or ultrasound of your kidneys, uriters, penis.. etc.. the best advice, from having so many is to drink tons of water!! It usually flushes them right out. Ive done alot of research on kidney stones and they truely dont know what exactly causes them. THey do believe caffiene, chocolate, soda, strawberrys, coffee, liver, peanuts.. are some of the things that cause them. I know if i stop drinking soda.. i wont have them for a long time. At work ive been drinking alot of soda.. and now I have 4. .. you want to find a good urologist too. One that cares to have your stone tested. IF you have symptoms and have to urinate and dont have a urine screen, try to urinate in a clear glass, once the pain stops you may have passed it. Obviously throw the glass out after you think you've passed the stone. if you have any more questions email me at good luck

I know this was a while ago but i am just wondering if you ever got this sorted out? I have most of the symptoms you were talking about and my dr thinks its prostatitis, he gave me norfloxacin to take for 6 weeks, i am on day 5 but still have the burning and burning in my groin etc

if you did, what helped for you?

thanks

Hi, I have suffered from the same thing for about 4 years.  I'm in my early 40's.  I have been diagnosed with an enlarged prostate and find that if I have been drinking beer it is worse and after sex.  I usually have to lay down in the fetal position to get relief.  I know this sounds funny but lubricant also helps relief the burning in the anal region.

im having uncomfertable feelings in my bladder and randomly a tingling feelings in my penis nothing to insain, but im worried and i dont know what it is, my bladder has a light pain to it through the day randomly but im worried about it because i dont want it to become something bad. any help?

Hi, I have similar symptoms. i have a burning sensation in my anus/sphincter and last night it felt like i needed to pee continuously. After about 30/45 mins the severe pain went away but i knew it was still there. I made sure I drunk loads of water so i could wash the pipes out. I have no discharge or any blood, just the same feeling. I did manage to sleep for about 7 hours but took me awhile to drop off. In the morning it didnt feel that bad and I passed a stool without any pain but the slight burning sensation is still their. Im wondering if it will just go in a day or two and its just the trauma/stress to the area. Also at first it felt better to stand but now I can still with a small amount of discomfort. what happened with you in the end.

I have kidney stone and have been trying to pass it for the past one year now, did your own take that long? what drugs where you given to help you pass it. contact me Thank you.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use