I recently for the past week have had a mild irritation or burning at the very tip of my penis. I have no symptoms of stds, but have been to dr. and tested . waiting for results. He didnt see anything to suggest stds either. Anyway, I had masturbated twice in one day and later that night and next day I noticed that the head of my penis was irritated to touch and when rubbing against my clothes. I figured this was from masturbation incident. Well the sesitivity on the head has gone down but now i am experiencing discomfort or irritation and burning at very tip of penis. Not inside but on tip. The fact that there was no irritation at tip at first until I started to think about it and now the irritation is gone on head of penis and solely at tip makes me think maybe Im thinking about it too mcuh. No pain when urinating by the way. I was told this could be caused from over masturbation and could take some time to heal. Anyone relate to this or give me info? Thanks. P.S. I am constantly thinking about it so that could be a reason too.

Community Administrator
You received an answer to this post:

https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/tip-of-penis-hurts&highlight=#341301

Just a fast reply saying that yes you can have this happen from touching yourself to hard or rough. You irritated your penis and it has to have some time to recover, usually about a week give or take a day.

Hey longball, did the feeling at the tip of your penis go away? The same thing happened to me, last night i masturbated i guess it was rough and after that point the tip of my penis has been tingling or slightly burning, but not burning when i pee. so it last last night and all of today....I kinda feel like i have to urinate frequently too. It's getting better because I didn't touch my penis at all and I feel like the tingling is going away, but Im not sure yet. Was wondering how you were doing...

i have something similar, but im not masturbating roughly, its just normal, but after i ejaculate, its like.. the areas the semen touches are red and sore, i was wondering what it was, because during the day at work or w.e the inside at the tip is sort of... a tiny bit sore, its scary having a problem with your penis, i was convinced it was cancer.. i still havent heard back from anybody though, i cant go to the doctors,because i went about 3 days ago because i was convinced i had cancer of the moutn, maybe im paranoid. but yeah my penis is sore, and i do masturbate too much, im wondering about long term damage to the penis.

I have the same thing recently! It's not from masturbating roughly, it's just that if I don't carefully was wherever semen was touching, it gets red and a little swollen (around opening and slightly inside, on head, etc.) This started maybe 2 months ago, tested neg for STDs, but the irritation has continued since then...

Hey i just went through the same thing. I dry masturbated about 5 times in a row two days straight (i was bored). On the third day it was sore and the tip burnt a little bit. I found my self having or wanting to pee allot. The more i thought about it the worse it got because i kept telling my self that maybe i had caught something or got an infection. I read some forums and decided to let it rest for 2 or 3 days and that made the burning sensation and some pain get better. I think the penis gets irritated if you dry masturbate or if you don't clean it after you ejaculate. Dwelling on it makes it worse too you blow every little sensation out of proportion, you mind starts to play into your worst fears, if you think its itchy then every little itch will seem suspicious. truth is sometimes it gets itchy you know? hope it helps.

I've masturbated alot for a couple years from a fairly young age. I now have what looks like a knot on the bottom of my penis towards the head. I also have what feels like big veins in my left nut. It hurts like hell. Any suggestions or familiar cases?

yeah i sorta got the same problem, It all started from masturbating one time and then my underwear kinda irritated the opening of my penis.. Didn't think anything of it but once in a while i would get irritation there. I masturbate regularly but now the irritation has been going on for about a week now. It also seems like i might have increased the opening of the urethra cuz it looks like it's bigger now.. I'm scared as hell cuz its been burning lately. Doesn't burn when i urinate though. I tried to put some antibiotic cream around the tip of my penis thinking its infected, no results yet so i guess i'll have to wait.
I'm gonna stop masturbating for a while and see what happens... Any thoughts???

Hi guys. I can relate to your problems. I'm 30 years old, and I've suffered from similar symptoms since puberty. Namely:

1) soar in the tip of the penis after ejaculating. Not overly painful, but quite discomforting.
2) bizarre feeling of having to pee when in fact there's nothing coming out when I try to take a leak.
3) the feelings usually disappear on themselves within 1 hour. I'm uncut, so it's possible the pain goes away faster because the tip of my penis doesn't rub on my clothes.

I began to masturbate regularly around the age of 12. Never had any problems then. By age 15, I had a regular girlfriend and we had sex about once a week, and every day when school was out. We always used condoms, and I began to notice the weird "soar tip" every time I would ejaculate inside the condom. I never thought much of it at all. It became sort of a recurrent joke, and all my friends (males and females) knew about it. When we'd go camping together, and they saw me walk restlessly in the middle of night outside, they knew what I had just done with my girlfriend !
Anyway. So, I often would remove the condom just before ejaculating, and I would ejaculate on my girlfriend (she had agreed to that, of course). It was kind of awkward, so I didn't do it every time. Sometimes, I'd just ejaculate inside the rubber, knowing it'd be painful for a while.

I'm 30 now and I still have the same symptoms. Except they come rather sporadically. I'm not in a steady relationship, so I use condoms with my one-night stands. About 70% of the times, if I ejaculate inside the condom or 20% of the time if I ejaculate outside of it, I get the burning feeling. It's always the same game : discomfort, light burning sensation, urges to pee, which go away within 1 hour.

I've never sought medical advice about this because it seems to me it's really benign. Most likely, it is due to the chemistry of my sperm. Lord only knows. It really hasn't stopped me from breathing or from having sex. I do have one "soothing" recipe which works moderately and takes away the pain in about 30 minutes. Just dip your penis in plain *cold* water. No soap, no nothing, just cold tap water. Gently press on the tip of your penis so the water can penetrate slightly inside the openings. Repeat 2 or 3 times. It works for me.

I make no secret of it, and when I'm done having sex with a lady for the first time, I tell her right after sex if I need to get my penis "cold" ! I've never had a bad response. Most girls are intrigued about it, find it kind of funny and cute.

You guys shouldn't worry too much about it. You're just made differently, that's all. Some people have acne, others are bald. Your penis is sensitive ! And don't refrain from satisfying your sexual urges (alone or in company).

I hope this will help you, if not curing your problem, at least making you relativize on its dangerousness.

hi, my penis becomes red at the end (only VERY slightly!) after ejaculation. I think this is pretty normal. Yes/no????

yeah, i masturbate a lot sometimes. normally when im bored, but i find if i jack off to often and climax w/o ejaculation it can burn. but its never to bad. no you do not have cancer. otherwise it sounds like all of us do lol. but just limit yourself to once a day, maybe twice. or just take a break if it hurts.

hey this is caused by sensitve skin and a build up of dirt and stuff on the penis. its nothing no worrie about if you masturbate slightly less you suffer from it less often and if you keep your penis clean it should prevent it more. im 14 and suffer from the same problem. but since ive started doing this it has greatly reduced it. it really is nothing to worry about just sensitive skin and build up of dirt and dust which reacts with the sperm causing irratation to the sensitive skin. the sperm go on a bit of a frenzy when they come into contact with the dust which is why it will irriate the sensitive skin. hope it helps

Hi guys... I have the exact same problem as the first couple of people that posted here...
I masturbated like 5 times a day for about 3 days, ... and the urethra opening got swollen. I didn;t notice it until it hurt when rubbing against my underwear when walking. Not terrible pain, but uncomfortable.

It's been almost a month, and hasn't gotten worse or better. I've definitely don;t masturbate as often.

Please note that I don't have any other symtoms, and please don't reply saying "GO TO A DOCTOR" or something like that, we're here on the internet for a reason.

At first I thought it was an infection, I took Doxycicline and didn;t go away....

Please, any of you with the same symtoms, specially the people who wrote this like 3 years ago... Did it finally go away?

ya i jacked my bonehead like 20 min ago ;) and now its like the very tip of my snake head is burning. :0 i dont remember slaying my prisoner too hard but i have been nicer.. :P my hose has blown its lawn seed about 4 times today and maybe some resin is stuck in the end of the pipe. it feels like i have to drain the main vain every 2 minutes and idk what to do jack my meat more or let it heal... any requests???