Hi, I am diagnosed with small vessel disease. What are precaution measures which can be taken to inhibit progression of the disease?

When there is a disorder of small blood vessels, the most remote parts of the body don’t have regular or sufficient oxygen supply. Peripheral arterial and venous disease is effecting blood vessels responsible for delivering blood to all tissues and tacking it back to the heart. Obstructions of blood flow are seen, but mostly disorders of the muscles in the artery walls lead to expression of this disease. Atherosclerotic changes lead to hardening of blood vessel walls and finally they lose their elasticity. Increased level of cholesterol and triglycerides, with insufficient amount of antioxidants, causes aggravating of arthrosclerosis.

Hi, I also have same dx. Not many people have heard of the disease, including MDs. In my family it may be hereitary. It was found about 6 yrs. ago and I have really tried to watch my diet. My homocysteine level went up so now I'm on Folgard, prescription vitamins. Cholesterol is a big problem for me. I took statins for 5 yrs. I find olive oil seems to raise my good cholesterol. If it sounds like I am my own experiment, like I said not too much seems to be known about this. I still work but I have bad days and good days and I can tell I am very gradually getting worse.