Hi, I’m 46 and I’ve been suffering from arteriosclerosis for almost 3 years .I have a high level of cholesterol in my blood and high blood pressure. A blockage in the arteries occurred in my legs. That’s why I have an aching pain in the muscles which is relieved when I rest. My limbs became cold and pale and I know this is the stage where I have to take some action. My practitioner mentioned to me chelation therapy as one way of fighting this terrible disease. I heard this chelation therapy helped people in USA to get back to normal life. What can you tell me about it? Thanks in advance.

Chelation therapy is a relatively new therapy which includes series of infusions into the body using EDTA. EDTA or ethylene diamine tetra acid reduces the production of “ free radicals” which cause deposits of cholesterol and calcium being formed on the walls of blood vessels. This can lead to a reduction in the calibre of the vessel and vessel thickening . Chelation therapy has been widely used in USA and Germany for almost 30 years. I’m sure this kind of therapy could be helpful for you since it has been proven as an effective one. Just bear in mind that if you are suffering from a kidney disease this therapy is not recommended!