Hello, guys. My father was found high cholesterol. As far as I know, he didn’t have any symptoms. I wonder if this is possible. Would high cholesterol show any symptoms? I am very curious about this. I will really appreciate if someone could reply to my post. Thank you for replying.

Hello, there. Usually, high cholesterol does not manifest with any symptoms. One can suspect if there are some cases in a family. Even atherosclerotic changes on blood vessels don’t show any symptoms for a long period of time. It is believed these changes are formed in early childhood, but the manifestation appears after the age of 40. When the blood vessel is narrowed for more than 80%, then the symptoms start. Usually heart or brain reacts. There can be infarct of myocardium, stroke, angina pectoris or something similar. If you suspect on your cholesterol levels, go and see the doctor. Ask for blood analysis. If your cholesterol is high, you can lower it by diet or some medications.